OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Heading to Kansas for a month this spring  (Read 3149 times)

Offline chcltlabz

Heading to Kansas for a month this spring
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:19:32 PM »
Folks, looks like I might be at Ft. Leavenworth for a month this coming spring.  I'm definitely not making that trek without spending as much time as humanly possible in the turkey woods.

I was thinking of scouting out some Kansas and Nebraska spots, possibly other states around if I'm feeling frisky.

Anyone out there willing to share some tips on which pieces of land I should look at?  I would certainly reciprocate for some lands around here.

Might even be someone looking to share a hunt.  I'm open to any of that.

If the timing and luck are right, this could end up as a single season slam for me, purely by coincidence.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline Britton40

• The Boss Gobbler
Heading to Kansas for a month this spring
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »
I still owe you a SC hunt. Don't forget.  Season opens on 3/20 this year on private land.

Offline TXTomSmacker

Re: Heading to Kansas for a month this spring
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »
One veteran to another if you find a spot in Kansas let me know. I have a few spots in Texas if you are looking for a Rio though.

Offline chcltlabz

Re: Heading to Kansas for a month this spring
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 09:35:40 AM »
TxTom, I'll be there, and I will hunt one way or the other.  My plan is to chase Rios and Merriams between Kansas and Nebraska, I was just hoping someone would point me in a general direction on which pieces of public land to start looking at.  Even a general area would be great.

No way I'm going to spend a month out there without turkey gear in tow, especially with the opportunity for a single season slam on public land.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.