OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: win. double x  (Read 2255 times)

Offline kickin wing

win. double x
« on: August 07, 2015, 05:00:10 PM »
Win. Double x 31/2 in. 2 oz. #5 copper plated shot is all i can really find near me and is a good price. Does any body know how this will shoot ? Ive got a bps 10 gauge and plan on goin with jebs choke. I cant afford to shoot the mag blens and looking for a shell before ordeing my choke. Thanks guys.

Offline 457121

Re: win. double x
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »
 I've always found Winchester XX 10ga. ammo performs great in the widest variety of guns. I have four ten gauges (single, double, pump, auto) and Winchester is the only ammo out of the big 3 makers that shoots well in all of them. I am a big fan of the old XX 2 1/4oz. loads, which i have a case of, but the new 2 oz. loads continue the trend of great performance. i have used Terror .720" & .705" tubes and Hastings .705" with excellent results with Winchester XX ammo.

Offline kickin wing

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 06:25:30 PM »
I appreciate the feedback . I wanted to have a load picked out prior to ordering the choke because the folks at jebs will work with you to get you the best pattern for that load. These shells are really affordable compared to the mag blends and other popular loads and easy to get my hands on as well. Ive been killing turkeys with my 12 gauge using rem nitro mag. 3.5 just fine now i have a bps 10 gauge. I dont usually shoot them past 25-30 yards anyhow. Hopefully these will do me just fine and save me some hard earned cash as well. You get 10 per box and at $20 per box i can easily afford that.

Offline nickp

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:45:24 AM »
If you can get lucky enough to find some of the black Winchester #6's (I believe they were just called Winchester High Velocity when they were made) then you will have a fantastic shell.  They stopped making those as well as the old 2 1/4 ounce shell.  Both for me have patterned much better and for the price they were great.  The 5's that you speak of may very well do good out of your gun, and at the distances that you speak of I think you will have a great one. 

Offline kickin wing

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 10:03:40 PM »
Well friends , i talked to a feller on here that really done me a favor and sold me a number of different shells for a fair price to save me from going broke patterning my gun . A really jam up good guy. Saved me a ton. Also talked me into ordering a sumtoy choke. So as i type this william at sumtoy customs is creating a .685 choke and we shall go from there. Hopefully all will be well the first session of patterning and i will have a great gun set up with a great load for my next spring turkey season. I have a sneaky feeling ill be shooting federal hvy weight #7 's. But we shall see. Thank you for all you guys input. This is how we should all be as far as helping one another . You guys are a great group and i look forward to many discussions in the future. Thank you for your time and effort in helping a fellow turkey slayer in this step to a whole new level of hunting with the big 10. :you_rock: