turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

buice blackwood

Started by Spitten and drummen, July 29, 2015, 04:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I just ordered my 2nd trumpet. its a billy buice African blackwood with a number 5 screw in delrin mouth piece. I also ordered a #3 corian to go with it. a few months ago I received my 1st trumpet. it is a osage with a #3 and #4 delrin screw in mouth piece. I have practiced daily since I got it and have gotten really good with it honestly. I would hunt with it in a heart beat and know by continuing to practice I will only get better. I have to say I really enjoy playing it and I really liked the challenge of perfecting it. anyone with a blackwood trumpet , what is your opinion of it and how is the pitch compared to the osage?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

davisd9

They sound really good. Cannot tell you a difference in the Blackwood and Osage as I do not own a Blackwood so I have not played them one right after the other, but either African or Malaysian Blackwood will be the next trumpet I buy from a call maker. They make extremely beautiful calls!

Congratulations on getting another great call from Mr. Buice! He makes a great trumpet!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

nitro

2002 ABW Buice. Fine call that has called in "a few" Gobblers.

Enjoy your new Buice. Put it to use in the woods.

Good luck!
Royal Slam 2008

outdoors

:icon_thumright:   AWESOME CHOICE.   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

drenalinld

I love the white reeds with black rings! Classy trumpet!!

crow

Quote from: drenalinld on July 30, 2015, 10:09:39 AM
I love the white reeds with black rings! Classy trumpet!!

:icon_thumright: very sharp looking trumpet

mgm1955

Fantastic call!! Definitely one to go kill a turkey with. Congrats!!!

nitro

Quote from: mgm1955 on August 01, 2015, 09:46:19 PM
Fantastic call!! Definitely one to go kill a turkey with. Congrats!!!

The call sounds great - the Trumpet case from BlackFalcon is a must have accessory for protecting a man's nice callers.  I highly recommend getting one or two.
Royal Slam 2008