OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester 1300

Started by somedude, March 28, 2011, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killdee

Quote from: Reloader on March 29, 2011, 06:46:22 PM
Killdee,

The 1300 was designed to open with full force unlike other pump designs.  That simply allows easier cycling, but it can sure mash your fingers.  I mashed mine a few times with my first 1300 years ago. The first couple of times it was just a glancing blow and I didn't think much of it, but once so bad I lost the nail and the feeling in that finger for one year.  After that episode I read up on the 1300 design thinking there was something wrong with my gun, even called Winchester only to find that it was designed to open upon firing to aid in ejecting the hull. Both of mine eject like an auto from the bench if you don't firmly hold the forearm. I love them, but that little bit of info is good to know :)

Yessir, I thought I would mention it since the OP is getting an unfamiliar gun and might think it was the heavy turkey load Like I did at first till I read the Manuel. I shot it from a lead sled for the first time this year and also got a finger mashed a bit. 

longspur

friend of mine has a 1300 and averages 200+ with kicks gt665 hs 3" #7. the choke says, desined for lead shot.

longhorn

Shot the 1300 this morning with the ssx i mentioned earlier. No wind and about 55 or 60 degrees. Low humidity. I got 211 at tape measured 40 yards using hvy 13  3-2-7.

eddie234

My 1300 shoots very well with a comp-n-choke .655 and winchester xtended range #6's