turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pioneer .003 "premium" latex

Started by Lonehowl, July 26, 2015, 10:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonehowl

I have been working with this stuff latley, and it has good sound, but it seems to like to lose tension and sag, then the call is dead. I thought it was slipping out of the frame at first, but it just gets wet, loses stretch  and dies.

What is everyone elses opinion?
Mark

NCYelper

I've had a similar experience with this type of latex.  I've tried increasing the back tension but still have noticed the "sag" in the call after running it for a few minutes.  Glad to know I'm not the only one as I'm new to call building and thought I may be doing something wrong.

vt35mag

I wish I read this before I went and spent $50 on the premium....  Others having issues with it?  Guess we will see how it goes, after I turn a few out. 

TRKYHTR

The pioneer .003 natural latex is junk. Everybody I have talked to is not using it and has even changed their calls because they wont use it. It has no memory and will relax after your first use.
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

vt35mag

Quote from: TRKYHTR on September 10, 2015, 11:51:08 PM
The pioneer .003 natural latex is junk. Everybody I have talked to is not using it and has even changed their calls because they wont use it. It has no memory and will relax after your first use.

That's a bummer... 

How have peoples experience been with the Premium .004?

I reviewed my order and most of what I got is .004 not .003

TRKYHTR

IDK I don't use the .004 natural.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

Lonehowl

I just got in some more of the regular .004 and it's ok. I don't think I'd order the "premium" .004 knowing what I know now about the "premium" .003.
Mark

Lonehowl

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered some red and green "premium". We'll see.
Mark

Lonehowl

Welp, dont bother ordering any premium red or green. Its pretty much the same as the nat .003 stuff. Sags and dies.
Man, this aint good.
Mark

TRKYHTR

I just got some .003 from Mitchell Johnston, Dead End Game Calls, and it seems to be holding up good. I've only made a couple calls with it but they are still running good for about a week.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

Houndstooth Game Calls

When the word "premium" I seem to always become skeptical! lol

GobbleNut

Shoot, all this talk is not good.  I hope the suppliers are taking note and get rid of the materials that are unsuitable for call making.  If all this is true, I suspect there may be a lot of calls on the market right now that might be worthless by the time they get used by someone,...not to mention all the call-makers who will be irate with their suppliers.   

Lonehowl

I dont want it to seem like Im bashing Pioneer, Ron has been real good with me . I traded out for some of the regular.004 green, which is the same as the old green. Its pretty good. I told him about the premium latex problem as well. Hope it gets taken care of. But...for now, yellow, red and nat .003 is a no go for me.

Mark