OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 20

Started by Tracker760, July 25, 2015, 06:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Congrats!
Hope you slay many turkeys together. :funnyturkey:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jordanz7935

Thats a nice lookin 870 you got there. :icon_thumright: By the looks of the camo id say it was made in the late 90's maybe early 2000's. Ive got the same gun with both barrels and its been an awesome turkey gun. I also just got the sumtoy choke before this season. With federal heavyweights itll do anything your average 12 ga can and then some.

surehuntsalot

fine looking combo you got there, good luck with her
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Tracker760

Well I was able to get out and fire one round of Heavyweight #7's at 40 yards. 145 in 10". I'm pleased to say the least. I still have some Hevi 7's and mag blend's to try. I think it's going to be a killer. It's amazing how good that little 20 feels in the hands.

rotalley

Great looking gun, will be a real head smasher with that choke. Try allaboutshooting.com deep cleaning method and I think your pellet count will go up a little.

Spring Fever

Man that's a beauty!!!

Tracker760

Quote from: Tracker760 on July 26, 2015, 11:42:48 PM
Well I was able to get out and fire one round of Heavyweight #7's at 40 yards. 145 in 10". I'm pleased to say the least. I still have some Hevi 7's and mag blend's to try. I think it's going to be a killer. It's amazing how good that little 20 feels in the hands.

Well I was a little off on my yardage the first time out. 145 in 10 was closer to 35 yards. Yesterday I shot 5 different loads at a taped 40 yards. The heavyweight #7 were the best by far but was only putting up 117 to 125 in 10". I sent Sumtoy some pattern pics to see if we can get it up into the 140+ area.

Tracker760

Greg Massey

Nice gun... I put one together a couple months ago and I love my 20 ga. ..870 with 21 in barrel...Simmons pro dia. And shurshot stock...