turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SBE 3 20Ga - Is this possible?

Started by Bottomland, January 12, 2023, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

Im in the market to buy a new shotgun for my wife and im looking at the SBE 20ga or 28ga......

Here is my plan.  I want to purchase the gun and an extra barrel with it.  On the SBE, the top of the receiver comes with the barrel when you take it off, allowing me to mount a red dot (burris and Sumtoy mount) to one and the other barrel she can use for dove/duck hunting etc. without a red dot for wing shooting.

My question is.... does the new SBE 20 or 28 ga have enough steel on the receiver to mount a burris with a sumtoy mount?

Thanks for any help.

SumToy

Yes it can be did.   We have did a bunch of them.   Now That is a 2 part deal.    I would call and see if you can buy just the sleeve not the sleeve and barrel.   You can pull the barrel off remove the sleeve that slides over back of barrel put one that not drilled on and ready to go.  Who know if benelli will sale just that part. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Glades

If money is not an issue, it can totally be done. But the 20ga SBE3 option will get pretty spendy once you got everything done to it.
My recommendation is to get an M2, save $500 and use a Meadow Creek mount on the turkey barrel.

sasquatch1

Quote from: Glades on January 12, 2023, 04:53:38 PM
If money is not an issue, it can totally be done. But the 20ga SBE3 option will get pretty spendy once you got everything done to it.
My recommendation is to get an M2, save $500 and use a Meadow Creek mount on the turkey barrel.
The meadow creek mount is legit. The field of view is soo much better than receiver mounted optics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gobbler428

I put a Meadow Creek mount on my 20ga SBE3 last year and they are easy to install and work great.

Jordan121787

Or just rock the red dot for wing shooting. I just leave mine in for duck hunting and it has never been an issue.

Turkeyfever

Just got a meadow creek mount and the thing is great! Field of view is nice and it seems rock solid . I shot the gun several times, I like the site mounted on the rib, very nice.