turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1187 Youth Turkey full camo

Started by Tom Foolery, April 10, 2015, 06:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Foolery

Guys the local shop has a youth 1187 in full camo, I think that gun has been discontinued?  Anyone have any experience with one as far as patterning?

Thanks

SCDieselDawg

I've got one.  SSX and Fed 7s went 120-130 at 40yds.   It's back up/ long walk gun.   Only negative I have about that gun is it shoots way off from POA.   But a set of TruGlo sights fixed that.

wmd

My son has one.  Yes the POA/POI was off; used Williams' Fire Sights on it for a couple of years, but had it drilled/tapped for a FFIII this year.  With a Hastings .562 at 40 yds HW-7 were 155-160 and Nitro 7s were pushing 180.  Switched to a GSX .565 and 1 3/8 oz TSS 9s this year and it is around 245. 

cluck

Got one in jan. 2014. 21 inch barrel, promos maxim choke 570 dia. Shoots fed hw7. Puts 160 plus in ten at 40 yds. Has extra recoil pad for length, total camo. Shoots poa. Don't know if rem. still makes it.   Cluck

01Foreman400

I just ordered one for my daughter.  Hope it fits her.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

01Foreman400

Pretty easy to find.

Just dropped mine off to have a Burris 336 mount and FF3 installed.  He's also going to do some work on the trigger.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

THattaway

I bought my son one of these back during duck season, the 21" barrel. I patterned it with several chokes, jelly head, undertaker, gobble stopper and tight wad using 3" hevi 7s. It patterned best with the tightwad .570, got 140-150. I bought a regular 11-87 20ga sportsman with a 26" barrel a little later on and patterned with the same chokes. The jelly head performed better and got the same pellet counts, 140-150s.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

allaboutshooting

Doris uses one as her turkey gun. Currently, she has the SSX in it and shoots 3" Hevi-13 shells with 1.25 oz. of #7 shot. She also has a 28" barrel in addition to the 21" that came with it. Both have Pro-Series sights and work very well. The trigger is a little heavy but not too bad, nothing a Timney Trigger Fix would not take care of, if it ever becomes necessary.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."