OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tasco Bantom  (Read 1562 times)

Offline hawk

Tasco Bantom
« on: June 25, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »
I have one of these little scopes. Very long eye relief and was wondering if anyone here has used one on there turkey gun. Will it hold O,stand up to recoil etc.?

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Tasco Bantom
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 06:36:58 PM »
I don't have one of these mounted but I do have one of the Simmons pro diamond mounted on my 20 ga. And it does great...I would think if you have your scope already give it a try I know ive read on here about people mounting just regular type scope. I would want whatever you mount at least 4 in. Of eye relief or more..

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »
I have experience with three of these scopes. One was mounted on an 870 12 gauge and after the first 3 inch turkey load shot through it it was done. One is still on a 20 gauge H and R. No problems at all and has been shot about 60 times trying different ammo. The third was on a 20 gauge 870. After two shots with a three inch 20 gauge load the internals broke and there is a wide black line through the middle of the scope. I don't even trust the one on the H and R any more. Going to replace with Simmons Pro Diamond.

Online jmart241

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:46:46 AM »
My family and i have 6 of those three on 12s and three on 20s work great for us