OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just bought Browning Gold 10 need advise

Started by Hevi-5, June 22, 2015, 12:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hevi-5

Just bought a Browning Gold 10 used and it came with a Full lead shot only factory choke.  First question is can I shoot Hevi-shot 5/mag-blends thru this choke?  I doubt it is recommended.  Second, if I shouldn't try it, what would be a good choke to get me started?  My gun has 26" barrel.

I haven't found a wide variety of lead shells available on the internet.  I guess I will have to start checking pawn shops around to see if I can find some.

Thanks in advance.

Hook hanger

I would try a 690 indian creek choke also midway usa is having a good sale on those shells you mentioned right now.

.720 and .705 Terror chokes work great with lead in mine

Hevi-5

Thanks for the replies.  I picked up 4 boxes of the mag blends and #5's from Midway and just got in a Kicks GT 690 yesterday.  I hope to get to try them out this weekend.  Most all the sites I looked at showed the lead shells as seasonal runs.  I still want to try some lead shells to see how they do when I can get my hands on some. 

Mowoodsman

Keep an eye on Rogerssportinggoods.com for 10ga shells.  They're mainly a waterfowl store but you can get a box of 10 federal #5s for $10 usually.  I live about an hour away from them and have consistently got them at $10 or cheaper when they want to move them. I've always wanted a Gold.  Is it a Gold or Gold lite?
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

grizholder@aol.com