turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

callmakers beware this buyer

Started by lightsoutcalls, June 18, 2015, 06:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

It's been a long time since I have been on OG.  Schedule has been hectic and all forums were blocked from work computer where I got on during lunch, breaks and down time.  After spending all day staring at a computer screen, it is one of the last things I want to do in the evenings.

I just wanted to warn callmakers about a buyer with "less than desirable"  business practices.  This individual purchased a couple of calls from me on ebay with no issues.  He then emailed me and placed a $79 order for an anodized aluminum call with dymondwood striker and an osage orange striker.  He was sent a paypal invoice for payment as agreed upon.  After 2 weeks and no receipt of payment, I emailed him to let him know if he had not received the invoice, he might check his junk mail filter, as they sometimes snag paypal invoices as SPAM.  The guy responded that he had just bought another one of my calls on ebay and no longer needed the call he placed the order for.  (strike 1)
The call he purchased on ebay was a zebrawood glass call with canarywood striker.  I don't send a call out that I wouldn't hunt with, and was pleased with the sound of the call.  I received a message through ebay that he wanted to return the call for a refund.  I messaged him and said send the call back and I will refund the price once received.  I asked him to let me know what he didn't like about the call, and he responded that it was too high pitched for his taste.  No problem, different people like different sounds.  I received the call back in the mail, and without opening the box, sat down at the computer on lunch and refunded his money.  I opened the box to find that he had shipped the correct call back, but had shipped a padauk striker that he had received with a previous call purchase, and had kept the canarywood striker that was in the description of the call he returned and had won from ebay.  (strike 2)
I contacted him and asked if he was aware that he had shipped back a different striker than the one that was in the description and was shipped with the call.  His response was as follows: "I got the padauk striker with a slate call you made for me. it didn't sound very good so I sent it back with the glass call and kept the other striker.. it hasn't been used and is like new."  I let him know that it would have been common courtesy to ask and get approval to make the swap rather than to just assume that it was o.k. 
Now the kicker...  I listed the zebrawood aluminum call that he ordered and never paid for on ebay last week.  The order price was $65.  I started the bid on ebay at $50.  Take a guess who is bidding on the call...  This guy is trying to get the call that he "no longer needs" at a reduced price.  Suddenly he needs a zebrawood aluminum call again. (strike 3)  I politely contacted him (countless edits before sending) through ebay and explained the situation and told him I had no desire to do business with him in the future.  He responded like a junior high kid (no offense to legitimate junior high kids) and said he could buy from other call makers.  I wished him the best and told him that he could be assured that other call makers would be made aware of his business practices. 

I won't post his name publicly.  If you sell on ebay and would like his seller name, or if you would like his real name, feel free to email me.  I have the ebay messages and paypal invoice information as well as email correspondence to back everything that  I have stated in this post.  I hate to get burned and hate to see someone else have to deal with this kind of business practices. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

outdoors

WOW THAT FRICK'N SUCKS ..........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

lightsoutcalls

My message to him this afternoon:

Each call and striker that I sell are turned by hand, one at a time. You recently ordered a call and strikers from me. You never paid for it, and never bothered to contact me to even cancel that order. In good faith, I took the time to turn that call and 2 strikers for your order. That was time I could have been doing something else, or turning calls that would have been paid for. I get that you didn't care for the sound of the zebrawood glass call. I had no problems refunding your money. That said, once again, each striker is turned and paired with a specific call. Without bothering to just get an o.k. to swap out the striker you received with the call you were returning, you just assumed it would be o.k. to ship back a different striker. That is where I have a problem. Both situations could have been remedied had you just contacted me. I'm not hard to get in touch with. I try to respond to contacts through ebay or email within the same day. It's really not just "about a striker". It is about the way you choose to do business. I honestly wish you nothing but the best and do appreciate your purchases. To avoid any additional frustration or misunderstandings, I would just prefer not to do business with you in the future.

His response:

"you whine like a little girl! like I said, if I win the call I will pay you for it and be done doing business with you. to many callmakers out there to listen to you."

=================================================================

If you would prefer not to have to deal with this kind of attitude, feel free to email me for the name.
lightsoutcalls@juno.com

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on June 18, 2015, 08:19:24 PM
just block him on ebay

Any idea how?  Their "customer support" is non-existent.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

TarheelTurk

He way of handling this was crappy Wendell . I appreciate you sharing man. I think, as always you handled this as professional as you could man.
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

DocHolliday

To get Wendell's nose out of joint would have to take a great deal of effort. This buyer really takes the whole "south end of a northbound mule" to a new level.

mgm1955

Quote from: TarheelTurk on June 28, 2015, 10:01:37 PM
He way of handling this was crappy Wendell . I appreciate you sharing man. I think, as always you handled this as professional as you could man.
Jason

Couldn't agree more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk