OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Where did we end up finishing?  (Read 3228 times)

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
Where did we end up finishing?
« on: June 03, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
Just curious.  We had a banner year.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Where did we end up finishing?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 11:45:29 AM »
From what I can tell by the Choot'em ND Face thread we are 6th.  We killed all 9 toms.  Do not think an Official post has been posted.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 12:05:26 PM »
That's about all a group could ask for really. I had a lot of fun doing this with all of you guys and look forward to next season. Maybe next year we'll finish a little closer to the top! Congratulations to you all and hope to see you next year together again.

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:37:58 PM »
We did awesome... :you_rock:!!!

However, if we could have upgraded my 5-bearded bird we would have went over 575 and into 4 place (though I sure other teams had multi-beards too). I hope they change that rule for next year cause I don't really like it, if they have more than one beard why not count them?
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 07:48:57 AM »
We did awesome... :you_rock:!!!

However, if we could have upgraded my 5-bearded bird we would have went over 575 and into 4 place (though I sure other teams had multi-beards too). I hope they change that rule for next year cause I don't really like it, if they have more than one beard why not count them?

I am right there with you buddy!  I do not like the rule as I feel it is taking away from the trophy aspect of the bird.  A couple upgrades here or there, myself included, then we would have jumped high up the board.  There was some heavyweights taken down this year.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 07:49:42 AM »
That's about all a group could ask for really. I had a lot of fun doing this with all of you guys and look forward to next season. Maybe next year we'll finish a little closer to the top! Congratulations to you all and hope to see you next year together again.

Glad you were on the team and look forward to teaming with you again next season.  Your spot will be saved until you tell me otherwise!

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 03:00:21 AM »
Awesome, you guys behave and be safe out there!

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
Well It didn't help, I forgot to weigh my  big bird before I had the fan removed.  I was hunting with a buddy who was late to a job site and I was in a hurry to get him out the door and didn't think about it.

>:(
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge