OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: That's it for me  (Read 4154 times)

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
That's it for me
« on: May 23, 2015, 05:34:52 PM »
MD wrapped up today so that's it for me!  It's been yet another "hell of a season" that I am more than happy to share with this group of killers!  Parts of this year were pretty tough.  Early, birds were so henned up still that it made things pretty difficult.  And trust me I hate using that as an excuse, but finding late morning toms without hens just wasn't happening for me.. First week I killed a tom that had 10 hens with him.. 10..  :z-dizzy:  He was one of two this year that never made a gobble.  I feel like birds didn't really break from their hens and "get right" until the second to last week of the season.  Also seemed like there weren't many 2 year olds around, although I finally did end with a 2 year old yesterday evening, it was the first one I had put my hands on all spring.  Nice thing about that, is of the birds I did kill, had a few with some pretty fair hooks.  All in all, awesome year.  Not my best #'s wise, and ate a few more tags than I care to admit.. but a respectable season by any one's standards... Can't wait to do it all over again next year!

Great job to the team, we had a pretty fair showing this year for sure.. and word is there's a bird out there that needs to be posted that'll put us over 600.   That's pretty solid!  :funnyturkey:

And got to show Claire, my future hunting buddy, a few dead turkeys! 

Offline whitelightning

Re: That's it for me
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 11:05:20 PM »
Hell of a season you had there buddy. Now just because I let you hunt my spots the last couple weeks, doesn't mean you can hunt there next year!  :funnyturkey:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tn8dB2k.gif/img]

Offline DMP

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »
Another great season big guy.  Congrats

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »
Nice job!

600 with no multi-beards or multi-snoods allowed is quite a feat.

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 09:49:08 PM »
Way to cap off the season man. I feel the same way about the way the birds acted this year. Makes it a nail biter right out the gate.

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
That's it for me
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 02:03:30 AM »
Awesome job congrats

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

Offline Scottyb

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 05:04:05 PM »
Good work young derek, and thanks for putting up with me....
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
That's it for me
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 12:20:22 PM »
Yep, you done good man.
I'd hate to be a tom turkey up around where y'all live...

Sent by this stupid phone

Offline Scottyb

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 01:34:27 PM »
Yep, you done good man.

Yeah I agree! Between derek, white lightning, chcltlabz, bowhoop, and to a lesser extent me, mid we got the mid Atlantic region turkeys covered lol.  It does make it nice that we are a group of good friends that waterfowl hunt together etc, and we can be a bit secretive at times when it comes to turkeys... But heck, two of the guys(Derek and bowhoop) were in my wedding, whitelightning and myself were in Derek's wedding, derek is md bowmans son and whitelightning is bowhoops son.... Lol. So to say we are a close knit group is an understatement!  We put in a great effort and have a great team!! Even me who is so skeptical about contests  is starting to enjoy it more...
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

Offline chcltlabz

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 03:10:27 PM »
Yep, you done good man.

Yeah I agree! Between derek, white lightning, chcltlabz, bowhoop, and to a lesser extent me, mid we got the mid Atlantic region turkeys covered lol.  It does make it nice that we are a group of good friends that waterfowl hunt together etc, and we can be a bit secretive at times when it comes to turkeys... But heck, two of the guys(Derek and bowhoop) were in my wedding, whitelightning and myself were in Derek's wedding, derek is md bowmans son and whitelightning is bowhoops son.... Lol. So to say we are a close knit group is an understatement!  We put in a great effort and have a great team!! Even me who is so skeptical about contests  is starting to enjoy it more...

You still whine like the burned out bearings on my trailer...
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
That's it for me
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »
Enjoy it more ScottyB cause we gonna win, I do believe...