OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Possible Upgrade.  (Read 5555 times)

Offline chcltlabz

Possible Upgrade.
« on: May 19, 2015, 03:15:29 PM »
Guys, if the weight of the bird I killed this morning holds true (scale I used wasn't working, it was stuck at 20 pounds as its zero) I could have a potential 75+ point bird for an upgrade.

Even if that weight was off by 2 pounds, I've got an upgrade coming...  More pics to follow!
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline DMP

• Longbeard
Re: Possible Upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
AWESOME JOB.  Can't wait to see it.

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 03:42:46 PM »
Word

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
Possible Upgrade.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:38:21 PM »
Yesssir, great job !!

Sent by this stupid phone

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 08:04:58 PM »
Awesome Brent.

Offline chcltlabz

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 07:48:11 AM »
I'll post up in the kill thread when I've got a better signal for tapatalk.

Final stats:  10.25 inch beard, 1.5 and 1.25 spurs and 27.25 pounds :z-winnersmiley:  Goin' over 75 points!
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 11:12:16 AM »
Oh my sounds like a hog, Hope you did not have a long walk back to the truck. Congrats
Don't gobble at me...

Offline chcltlabz

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »
It was a really long walk, and of course I broke one of his legs while he was flopping.  Thank God for vests that will hold a turkey!

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
Possible Upgrade.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 11:45:08 AM »
Nails in the coffin brother. Thats a stud !!

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 04:38:28 PM »
Nails in the coffin brother. Thats a stud !!

That is a stud!

Offline BoWhoop

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »
What a PIG!

Congrats Brent, you killed some nice ones this year but this one is ridiculous... in a good way!

Offline chcltlabz

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »
What a PIG!

Congrats Brent, you killed some nice ones this year but this one is ridiculous... in a good way!

Thanks Allen.  Been a tough year finding cooperative birds, but the ones I've found have been slobber knockers.  The first heavyweight I wasn't that surprised about, but this guy was on a very heavily hunted piece of property.  The fog let me get close without being seen, and the hen he was with got too curious and led him right to me.  Women, booze, and bacon been killing men for hundreds of years.

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »
What a PIG!

Thanks Allen.  Been a tough year finding cooperative birds, but the ones I've found have been slobber knockers.  The first heavyweight I wasn't that surprised about, but this guy was on a very heavily hunted piece of property.  The fog let me get close without being seen, and the hen he was with got too curious and led him right to me.  Women, booze, and bacon been killing men for hundreds of years.
That's awesome!

Offline canadatom

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 01:29:18 PM »
Wow congrats, that is a monster! :you_rock:

Offline whitelightning

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 11:10:49 PM »
Very nice bird Brent!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tn8dB2k.gif/img]