OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bushnell trophy red dot 1x28 (anyone use it?)  (Read 6445 times)

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
Bushnell trophy red dot 1x28 (anyone use it?)
« on: May 18, 2015, 03:35:33 PM »
Seems decent at around $80. I know the TRS-25 is decent, if this is same quality I'm on it. It also comes in Realtree APG to match the new Stoeger M3000.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rem Man

Re: Bushnell trophy red dot 1x28 (anyone use it?)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 07:31:21 AM »
    Awesome red dot!!!! I have used mine on a slug gun and now has been on my H&R 10 Gauge, very sweet for the money. I recommended the same red dot to another member and he put It on a 10 gauge also and loves it!!!

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:16:18 AM »
I own one. I bought mine when they first introduced them to the market. I had it on my Rem. 870SM 12 ga. It now has found a home on my son's 870 20 ga. I have never had a single problem with it. It is well made and decent quality. I can recommend it without reservation.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 10:34:52 AM »
What is the weight and size like? I discovered they have camo trs-25, smaller, lighter.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:35:01 PM »
I had one on an encore pistol in 22-250 and it would shoot 4" groups at 100 yards consistently. Swapped it over to a 44 mag pistol barrel and it seems to be moving in the cheap rings that came with the scope. I think the scope is ok but I would get better rings on a high recoil setup.

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 07:45:20 AM »
I had one on an encore pistol in 22-250 and it would shoot 4" groups at 100 yards consistently. Swapped it over to a 44 mag pistol barrel and it seems to be moving in the cheap rings that came with the scope. I think the scope is ok but I would get better rings on a high recoil setup.
I agree. This is the best red dot in it's price range, but the rings that come with it are junk. I bought solid rings, and it performed much better. Only issue I had was it is a very narrow tube. This is why I got rid of mine, and went with a FFIII.

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 04:27:29 PM »
My line of thinking on this subject is this: spend 80-100 on a cheapo and in a few years it will play out and you lost 80-100. Or, buy a $375 Aimpoint and if you decide to sell it you will lose 80-100 but will have had a top of the line scope. However, you probably will never want to sell the Aimpoint.

Offline IowaGobblers

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:07:47 PM »
My line of thinking on this subject is this: spend 80-100 on a cheapo and in a few years it will play out and you lost 80-100. Or, buy a $375 Aimpoint and if you decide to sell it you will lose 80-100 but will have had a top of the line scope. However, you probably will never want to sell the Aimpoint.
I've had my trophy for a couple years now. Spent $75 on it and I xan change the reticle. It has held zero on my slug gun with multiple boxes as well as held zero with lots of turkey shells and doesn't show any signs of wear. Definitely would not call it a cheapo and don't see myself paying $400 for a red dot.

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »
I am just saying I have one of each and the Aimpoint is on my turkey gun.

Offline owlhoot

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 08:47:06 PM »
Been one on my sons 20 870 for around 8 years or so and not one single problem  .  Heck I have even tried taking it off and replacing it with the high cost jobs but he won't have it. He knows what works and keeps it that way.  So unlike me, I have to keep changing to higher dollar, not always for the better, lol

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 09:02:08 PM »
I've had my trophy for a couple years now. Spent $75 on it and I xan change the reticle. It has held zero on my slug gun with multiple boxes as well as held zero with lots of turkey shells and doesn't show any signs of wear. Definitely would not call it a cheapo and don't see myself paying $400 for a red dot.

X2. While aimpoints are an awesome sight, i dont think they are $325 better than a trophy red dot. You could buy a turkey gun and a bushnell trophy red dot for the price of an aimpoint. I got a trs-25 last year and im really impressed with it.Only way id ever pony up that kind of cash for a red dot is if my life depended on it(Law enforcement or military).

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 09:50:46 PM »
LOVE mine!  She sets on top of a 835 that shoots 3 1/2's only.  No problems at all for the last 5 or 6 years and she has traveled to Florida, Kansas, South Dakota and Wisconsin without any zero issues.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »
I have one on my 835 and it's had over 100 turkey loads thru it in the past 10 years, and no telling how many lighter loads.  Never a problem.
I love the fact that it comes with the sunshade.  No turkey will see a red reflection off that scope until the dot is on his head.
I have one on my grandson's 20 gauge.  I put a TRS 25 on my 20 gauge and kind of wish I'd gone with the Trophy.  They weigh a couple ounces more but I like them.  You can shoot one with both eyes open, no problem.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 01:20:02 PM »
Best red dot for the money.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »
x2 on the trs 25. 3 years, ton of pattern testing and hunting on several different guns including a 10 gauge. Still on original battery and still holds zero rock solid. Best sight imho in the $100 and less price range.