OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm Invested Now

Started by vt35mag, May 18, 2015, 10:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

Well after purchasing a call purrfect jig, and having success turning out a few calls I have decided to invest more time and money into making mouth calls.  The call purrfect jig has some limitations, such as having to use their precut latex, and limited tensioning capabilities.  It was a good first step in helping me decide if making my own mouth calls was something I really wanted to pursue, without breaking the bank.
I am currently in the process of getting a Feather Ridge Hand Jig from Thad, which looks like it will suit my needs very well.  I have a bunch of frames, tape, diff color/thickness latex, and prophylactic I acquired from Brookside just waiting to be put to use.  I don't know where I am going to end up with my call making, but I would say I will have mine and my friends call needs covered at the very least.
I am taking a couple that I made to NH this weekend with me for a field test, and look forward to getting in plenty of practice in before next season.

vt35mag

$225
He should have received my money order late last week, so I haven't seen the jig yet.

vt35mag

The jig arrived yesterday!  Very well made product.  From the day I mailed out my money order to the day I received my package was 2 weeks.