OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

THUGs

Started by Hankyorke, May 14, 2015, 12:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankyorke

WalMart is clearancing out their Turkey THUG shells. $5/box for 3" & $7/box for 3.5"

owlhoot

mikejd

Not worth it in my eyes. I have compared them to longbeards dozens of times and for the most part they dont even come close. My opinion is plain old lead loads are better.

snoodlum

I thought Thugs were plain old lead loads . I bought a box for $ 7 even though I dont need em . Sucker for a deal , I guess !

surehuntsalot

at 5.00 a box, I stocked up on some more for the 20ga, good shooting load in the 20
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BandedSpur

Quote from: snoodlum on May 18, 2015, 12:11:28 PM
I thought Thugs were plain old lead loads . I bought a box for $ 7 even though I dont need em . Sucker for a deal , I guess !

They are. Can't go wrong at $7/bx.

KYStalker

Just stopped by my Wal-Mart, and get this.................3.5in #5 turkey thugs $3.50 a box.  I don't need more shells but couldn't pass up buying a few at that price.
If you're not first, your last!!

snoodlum

My guess is that we'll never see any turkey loads again for 35 cents apiece !

Clif Owen

You're probably right about that!
I remember a store here had a deal where you could buy turkey shells individually. They were all Federal Premiums and I'm pretty sure they were a lot more than that....33 years ago!! Seems like they might have been about $1 each.

owlhoot

Quote from: KYStalker on May 27, 2015, 01:34:32 PM
Just stopped by my Wal-Mart, and get this.................3.5in #5 turkey thugs $3.50 a box.  I don't need more shells but couldn't pass up buying a few at that price.
Time to check it out and get some more!

Quote from: Clif Owen on May 27, 2015, 08:57:15 PM
You're probably right about that!
I remember a store here had a deal where you could buy turkey shells individually. They were all Federal Premiums and I'm pretty sure they were a lot more than that....33 years ago!! Seems like they might have been about $1 each.
Back when I was in high school in the mid-late '80's I would buy Federal Premium 10ga. 2.25oz. #4 from a local hardware store for a $1 a piece. I used to buy 3 at a time for my H&R 176.

owlhoot

2.50 for 3" 12 and 20 thugs, 3.00 for hv XX 3" win now. Spent 33 bucks and got a pile!

R AJ

Our Wal mart never got turkey shells in. Of any kind. :z-dizzy: