OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Moss 500 - TruGlo SSX - Longbeard #6

Started by rtp8989, May 10, 2015, 04:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtp8989

Got the itch to do some Sunday afternoon patterning.  First time shooting LB's thru this setup.  My usual setup is magblends-tightwad doing 150-160 nice and even, good hunting pattern.  Wanted to give the long beards a try.

Shots are 40y taped, 40y taped, 20y taped

Temp~80F,  humidity~50%, bbl length-26"

rtp8989

This was my first shot, the previous two were my second shot at 40, and last shot at 20.  Might've missed the densest part with my circle on the second 40y shot, but close enough.  Once I get that POI straightened out, should be good to go. 

Tennessee Lead

Good looking patterns!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

owlhoot

Quote from: rtp8989 on May 10, 2015, 04:24:18 PM
This was my first shot, the previous two were my second shot at 40, and last shot at 20.  Might've missed the densest part with my circle on the second 40y shot, but close enough.  Once I get that POI straightened out, should be good to go.
is your POI moving at 40 yards?

rtp8989

Quote from: owlhoot on May 11, 2015, 04:30:06 PM
Quote from: rtp8989 on May 10, 2015, 04:24:18 PM
is your POI moving at 40 yards?

Disregarding the circles that I drew, the poi of the 40yarders are pretty close, but not the same as last year.  My worry was  that my rear sight was possibly floating around.  I had a dead ringer beard buster on the gun and the Allen heads of the machine screws were stripped out...a common problem with those...so I was pretty much stuck with the windage and elevation.  Although stripped, they were dialed in nicely last year with a six o'clock hold.  Now it seems the windage changed on me, so I had a feeling they were moving. No wind while patterning btw.

I finally had enough last night and cut them off, and put the original double bead on.  Those dead ringers have been a hassle getting the correct POI since I've had them on there.  It's a shame because I love the sight picture with them, but they have a few flaws, one of which is those screws/adjustments.  the double bead always shot true, so I will be fine with that for the rest of the season.  Maybe with some luck it will wear a red dot next year

trkehunr93