OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 ga. chokes for bps

Started by doepee, March 26, 2011, 10:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doepee

I have a bps 10 ga. that I used for goose hunting, with the addition to some heavy shot mag blends this fall, I might use it for a turkey gun just for fun.. it has a 28 in barrel ..What would you guys sugguest for a choke tube for the mag blends? Not sure what the mag blends will be for shot size..   Thanks

BigPeck215

last spring when i talked to ron petty from EM about them he said they were going to be a 3oz load of 1oz 5, 1oz 6's and 1oz 7's, i called B.S. on a 3oz hevi shot load seems it would generate too much pressure but they must know what they are doing.

it would be nice if they would come out with a 2.5oz load with equal parts 5,6,&7's, a shell with a pellet count of around 500 would be great

doepee

Wow 3oz load WOULD be quite a bit, I am like you 2.5 would be plenty... man that wood kick like a mule :TooFunny:

S.C.C

PG .690 or .710 would be a good choice for your 10... :icon_thumright:
IMO...It would be awesome if EM offered a 10ga. 3oz load of 5x6x7!!!! :happy0064:

Old Gobbler

I shot whole box loads of the Nitro 3 ounce loads in lead and economy and they never could beat the 2.5 ounce  210 loads for patterns in a 10 inch circle -

however .... the 3 ounce loads did put up some respectable #'s with a .685 choke , with trash can size killing radius patterns 300+ .Talk about a heavy kicker !!!! it was like a car crash when you yanked the trigger -  but every single pattern was a killer , I didnt have to "cherry pick" my targets to find a particularly good one to show off - every single shot was a good one 

If EM would make a 10 gauge mag -blend load that could get 320- 350 in a 10 they would take over the captive 10 gauge turkey market overnight - I myself would purchase a case on the spot - and I am sure others would do likewise -Ammo hoarding is a way of life if you are a 10 gauge user - I have cases of ammo buck, shot, slugs, turkey etc...  when I walk into a store and they have it , I buy it all --Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon