OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: A first...  (Read 2412 times)

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
A first...
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:49:06 AM »
We occasionally have turkeys near my house and every Spring I will get one text from my wife saying - gobbles behind the house. I usually get them while I am hunting somewhere else! I had take today off to hunt a nearby WMA. Out with the dog yesterday evening and heard a gobble about 150 yds from the back of my property. He gobbled pretty good as he went to roost. This morning he was gobbling good. Wasn't long before he made his way down to me. First bird I have ever taken at the house! We only have 4 1/2 acres so no room to run if it doesn't go just right.

Offline Doug Lewis

Re: A first...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 11:04:23 AM »
That's pretty cool man! Looks like a big bird too.  :icon_thumright:

Offline chcltlabz

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 11:06:42 AM »
That's awesome!
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
A first...
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »
That's awesome man, looks like you got an up-grade !!
Congrats !

Sent by this stupid phone

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 06:40:48 PM »
congrats and a sweet pic...
Don't gobble at me...

Online DMP

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 06:02:33 AM »
Nice job....

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 08:39:11 AM »
Thanks guys! He is a very slight upgrade. I have the pics, will get them up. Every 1/4 point counts!! LOL

Had a hip replacement on Mar 11 so I was not sure how capable I was going to be for turkey season. Passed on out of state hunts due to that and work. Turns out I was good to go and had some great hunts.  Derek might let me tag along with him a couple more times before the season goes out.

That is my 5 year old grandson Rylan in the pic...the next generation of turkey killer?