Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

NEW WORLD RECORD IN LYON CO. KY

Started by spurman, May 04, 2015, 07:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

Been hearing about this for a while, its now official.

NWTF confirms Guess has world record turkey

Posted on April 30, 2015  by  newsroom

Cody Guess says it's been a hectic 24 hours since he harvested his monster 37.6 pound wild turkey yesterday in Lyon County on the family farm. The huge bird is making a run at the world record maintained by the National Wild Turkey Federation. The current record is 36 pounds and Guess's bird has been weighed on two different USDA certified scales that say it weighs 37. 6 pounds and it has been checked by other officials.

The huge gobbler has spurs that measured one and one-quarter inches in length and its beard measured in at nine and three-quarter inches.

Guess said his turkey is a pending world record and it could take a few days for the confirmation process to be completed.

Congratulations David Cody Guess. It's Official. Cody's massive wild turkey is in the books as being the world record at 36.6 lbs.
—Congratulations David Cody Guess. It's Official. Cody's massive wild turkey is in the books as being the world record at 37.6 lbs.

Congratulations David Cody Guess. It's Official. The National Wild Turkey Federation has confirmed that Cody's massive wild turkey is in

the books as being the world record at 37.6 lbs. He killed the giant bird April 21, 2015 on his family's farm in Lyon County.

Cody says he has been tagging along on hunts since he was three years old and started hunting at age five. The biggest kill prior to this

record was in Kansas with a weight of 27 pounds.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

SheGotHoOks

Oh my.. that's awesome! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejd

Good for him. I am glad its real. There is so much bs out there when it comes to trophy animals
that its nice when its the truth.

Gobble!

Would have liked to see that ol boy in full strut compared to one that was 20lbs.

hunter22

Onpoint

Quote from: hunter22 on May 30, 2015, 10:44:18 PM
Wonder what he had been eating?????
I have my opinion, but that's it just my opinion so I'll keep it to myself

mgm1955