turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2 Arkansas 10ga Toms!!!!

Started by highwaygun, May 03, 2015, 11:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highwaygun

I'm tagged out here in Arkansas finally. This year was the toughest year I have had since I started turkey hunting. Not because of lack of birds just didn't have much time with my new job, my wife taking a new job and a 2 year old boy running around. I killed the 1st one up in the hills on April 25th. Him and his buddy gobbling from the roost all the way till 11am and never would come closer than 100 yards. I finally got to see them about the same time they seen the B mobile and hen decoy I had out. They strutted 75yds down the dozer path silent until the 10 went off. He's the one in the gravel 25lbs 1 3/8 spurs 12 in paint brush. The 2nd I killed yesterday on a very short hunt In a new spot I have never hunted. I parked at about 445pm walked to the back of the big pasture. Found a tree on the edge to setup on and began racking the leaves away from the base of it.  It was as quite as could be and as soon as I got settled I pulled out the slate and gave it a round. Had some birds answer a long ways off but they didn't sound very interested. So that's when my ADD kicked in and I began flipping thru articles on espn about the nfl draft. When I focus my attention back to the pasture 3 Longbeards were strutting my way at about 150yds. They stopped about 80yds and I began scratching the leaves which caused them to break in a run. Picked out the biggest one and slapped him in the face with some HW #7 at about 25yds. He's the one in my front yard 21lbs 1/8 spurs 11 in beard. All in all I had a good year in Arkansas and now that in tagged out all I can do is look forward to next year.

Tennessee Lead

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

steveo

the Ward

deadbuck

That Fed Heavyweight 7 in the 10 gauge is brutal!!

Mowoodsman

Nice!  I haven't switched to any of the newer 10ga loads yet.  I'm still using up all the old federal #5s I got.  I'll have to give it a try for fall season.  Awesome bird!
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.