turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Atomic 13

Started by Bowguy, May 02, 2015, 06:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

This call is new for me. Called lots of birds in w it already. In fact it's normally the first call I grab this year.  Don't  think I've ever had such sucess w a particular call and I've got some good ones. I've used it from tree yelps to challenging hens, gobbler yelps, aggressive purrs, regular soft purrs n clucks, etc etc etc. this call is great.
Just wondering from other Atomic 13 users how they've made out

scoot12

First time I used the atomic 13 was this past Sunday morning when I was calling for my brother in law.  Called a gob from 100 yards away off the roost and to my food plot,  when he saw my jake and hen decoy he wouldn't come any further then 50 yards away and his gun is good to 35 yard.  That gob loved the sound of it though.  Scoot

Footballer

I love this call. It will do it all and is very easy to operate. Jimmy makes some excellent calls!

greentag

i actually traded for 1 from a member here,i have lots of calls,but it seemed to me ive never had a call work as good as this one did this year here in ky,maybe it was just there were more birds,season came later,i dont know but that call was awsome for me this year.i killed a twenty pounder that came in with two others the first morning,next morning called one in from way off,it gobbled like a older bird had a full fan,but only had maybe a 4 inch beard,it got close enough to see his spurs,he looked like a two year old,must had beard rot or his beard froze to a limb or something,i watched this bird forever and decided that if i shot him my season would be over on the second morning so i passed.went with a friendd of mine and his little boy a few days later on his sisters property,i just called for them,one came right off the roost to it,in which his little boy shot,while it was flopping,another one that had been gobbling came into view,when it seen it flopping it came on a dead run,and the boys dad got him.the second weekend came,and this time i was alone,shortly after fly down i called in one with the atomic 13,this ended my season.for the rest of the season,i tagged along with who ever would let me and was with a few friends when they took a gobbler,i liked the atomic 13 so much i actually called jimmy and ordered a mad hen gen 2,it sounds awsome too even though i really never used it hunting this year.the atomic 13 i have doesnt have a plug in the middle hole like they are now,i dont know how much differance it makes but i plan on getting one of them to,just in case something ever happens to the one i have.this call was the first one of jimmys i had ever even run,but it definatly aint the last,like i said ive already got the gen2 and that little tear drop call he makes,plan on more in the future...ive got a derrick stuckey masacare ebony striker i got off ebay,it sound great on this call,plus any slate ive tried it on,it was the striker i used the most with it,but the one it comes with is great too..

Spitten and drummen

it is in my vest always. imo it is one of, if not the best aluminum calls that I have and I have several from several different call makers.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE