OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Getting started with the tube call

Started by LaLongbeard, May 02, 2015, 09:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

I'd like to learn to use a tube call before next spring I have never tried one couple questions for you experienced tube callers. Are there any brands or styles that may be easier for a beginner? Does the type of wood used in the tube make a lot of difference in sound and or ease of use? Any advice would be appreciated.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

howl

One made from a Fuji 35mm film canister and unlubed condom ain't bad to start. It'll sound as good as 99% of the custom jobs. If you cut out the middle of the cap you'll have a removable baffle to experiment with. The hard part, and it is the hard part with any tube call, is learning how to keep it tuned.

If you just want to buy something, get in touch with barry on here and see if he can sell you a few of different diameters with the holes poked in the side. I don't think there's a better tube call currently available.

pappy

You are about to venture into some great experiences with the tube call. This is one of the most versatile call to carry into the woods, you can make about any sound a turkey can, with a little practice. There are several good call makers here on OG that will help you, me for one, you can search out tube calls here and check out the wide variety of calls available. Using one is not that terribly hard, Ken Morgan has a great you tube video as does Primos you will find a wealth of information in these.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206