Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ultimag 835, Tightwad Choke, Win LBXR 3" #5 First post!

Started by JamieDaly, May 01, 2015, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvhoyt19

The shells. I'm shooting the #5 3 1/2" and I'm getting great results with a Rhino choke out of my 11-87.

stewart

Just curious, what's the constriction on your choke? I'm anxious to try them myself; I'm still working through my Win HV but maybe this year.

JamieDaly

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 13, 2016, 07:59:28 PM
Your good. I'd follow trkehuner93's advise and shoot your current load at a big piece of paper. Getting that Mossy to shoot won't be a problem. The more interesting gun is going to be that .410 what's your plans for that?

Try to get him really, really close! Ha! It's more about its the only gun he can handle at the moment.

Thanks for all the replies everybody. Very insightful and thought provoking. I appreciate!

mikejd

As others have said. These numbers are all for fun. Your pattern will kill birds all day long. I remember before I even saw the first extended turkey choke. If we put 4 or 5 in the head and neck we where good to go. Never hasd a bird get away back then.

stewart

Agreed; it's better to have an even pattern, particularly rather than to tolerate random clumping and gaps just to get the most possible shot in a 10" circle.

mwr

I use a patternmaster code black .715 and it was the best out of the 4 chokes I tried. I'm good to go!! :icon_thumright:

wvhoyt19