OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First mature gobbler

Started by Global Trucker, April 30, 2015, 10:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Global Trucker

I can only go hunting after 8am so I usually wait till later in the season to go much. I hunted Monday thru today and didnt hear a gobble till 11:30am this morning. I kept calling and calling and he wouldnt budge so I decided to see if I could get closer to him, I guess I must have zigged when he zagged because after a while he ended up 180 degrees to where I thought he was going. Well to make a long story short I ended up going back to where I was sitting in the first place when I heard him and I hit the box call and he replied down to the right of a logging trail this time. I was going to try to cut him off because I had a good idea of where he was going but before I could a jake and hen popped out on the trail and starred me down. The jake took off back into the woods but the hen didnt move as much and just lazily waled back into the woods. I guess the tom wondered why she was leaving with the jake so he came back on the trail and started to strut for her. Well he didnt strut to long as my number 5's laid him out. It was about a 50 yd shot and I was pumped. I love crappie fishing, but nothing gets me more excited than hearing a gobbler in the Spring time.