OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning BPS and Burris FF III...What mount?  (Read 12414 times)

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Browning BPS and Burris FF III...What mount?
« on: April 30, 2015, 02:35:29 PM »
Good friend has a Browning BPS and, after seeing my Fast Fire III, he wants one.
He's chomping at the bit but needs to know what base mount to use for that gun...
Anybody have any experience? Can ya' help a brutha' out? :thanks:

Offline Bigeclipse

Re: Browning BPS and Burris FF III...What mount?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:33:11 PM »
Good friend has a Browning BPS and, after seeing my Fast Fire III, he wants one.
He's chomping at the bit but needs to know what base mount to use for that gun...
Anybody have any experience? Can ya' help a brutha' out? :thanks:

I don't have a browning BPS but if it is drilled and tapped, id put a picattiny/weaver style rail on it as you can buy the fast fire III with this mount for basically same cost as a fastfire with out it. If it is not drilled and tapped, look into having it drilled and tapped or he can look for a saddle mount.  The saddle mount I got for mine works well and has a space under it that you can use to see the front bead if the red dot ever failed.  Only negative about saddle mount is the dot is a bit higher than id like but not bad at all.  P.S. the fastfire has been perfect so far.

Offline Snoodsniper

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
Here's what I use. Made by a company called Damar. It will NOT move.

Offline bpsmag1026

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 05:48:09 PM »
It will work on the standard browning mount. I have one on mine and it works fine but I don't have any pictures.

Offline Smooth_Operator

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 06:06:45 PM »
Different gun but on my Benelli I use the Burris 336 mount...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Offline turkey_slayer

• Longbeard
  • SouthWest VA
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »
336 if you want the lowest mount unless they make a speed bead mount for it

Offline stinkpickle

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • "Milk was a bad choice!"
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 09:08:53 PM »
...If it is not drilled and tapped, look into having it drilled and tapped or he can look for a saddle mount...

Actually, if it's not drilled and tapped, he can try a cantilever rib mount.  It's a lot easier to install on a BPS than a saddle mount.  That's what I use on my BPS.

Offline stinkpickle

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • "Milk was a bad choice!"
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 10:08:07 PM »
...If it is not drilled and tapped, look into having it drilled and tapped or he can look for a saddle mount...

Actually, if it's not drilled and tapped, he can try a cantilever rib mount.  It's a lot easier to install on a BPS than a saddle mount.  That's what I use on my BPS.

Here's the mount I used...

http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/mount-sets/universal-cantilever-rib-mount-prod1770.aspx

It was plenty long, so I cut off the part that hangs over the receiver.  Here's a pic of it installed with the protector mount and shade...

Offline mudhen

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »
My BPS was factory d & t...

I used the factory mount, seems plenty strong...

I travel with this gun, so I like strong parts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Offline houagie

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 02:43:12 AM »
If your looking for the browning mount www.midwestgunworks.com has it for $5.00......you won't beat that price anywhere....it is the two hole version but will fit the browning gold/bps.

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:12 PM »
As always you guys are the best! Thanks for all the replies!

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 02:50:24 PM »

I know this is a really old post, but somehow I missed it. What pistol grip stock is that I wonder? I haven't ever seen one that fit a bps, let alone a bps 10, except for the thumbhole Boyds makes. Anyone know who made it, or is it for another make customized to fit it?

Offline Snoodsniper

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »

I know this is a really old post, but somehow I missed it. What pistol grip stock is that I wonder? I haven't ever seen one that fit a bps, let alone a bps 10, except for the thumbhole Boyds makes. Anyone know who made it, or is it for another make customized to fit it?
Hi there. That's my gun, it's actually the pre 98 12 gauge. Same platform as the 10 gauge though.   

To answer your question the stock is made by choate. I searched high and low for a pistol grip for this gun and it's the only I've found.

It's been a few years but I remember calling and talking to a nice lady on the phone. She did a quick search of their inventory and they had one or two of these. I believe that they're no longer in production.

If you happen to give them a call let me know how you make out. I'm wanting to build a wet weather, open sight gun and would really like another one of these stocks.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply and helpful info! I was just doing some google searches and the image of your gun popped up and I was like wow, how did I miss this on O.G ! Very nice gun by the way! I will give choate a try, and if they don't have any, at least I know what to keep an eye out for now. I will definitely let you know if I find any. Thank you again for your help!

CrustyRusty

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 01:30:47 PM »
I am actually interested in the scope base you have mpunted on the Bps.  I don’t particularly care for the browning one it sits fairly high and has only two slots.  The base on yours seems to be different than the browning one.