OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Where do you stand?  (Read 4590 times)

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Where do you stand?
« on: April 29, 2015, 03:30:28 PM »
My last hunts will be tomorrow evening and Friday as May 1 is our last day.  Plan on heading to the farm and trying to kill one or both of the big birds I have seen multiple times.  I have tried talking myself out of going but just cannot stand it. 

I know WNY Bowhunter, CJ Stahly, and WV Ridge Reaper are just getting started and that trkehunr93 is done, but where does everyone else stand?  We have made a good run in the contest this year and I hope we can knock down one more bird to have 9 total, which I think will happen, and would love to see a couple upgrades.  Hope everyone is enjoying their spring and there have been some great birds taken down. 
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: Where do you stand?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 04:45:48 PM »
My Mississippi season is done. Will be in KS in about 10 days.

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:22:45 PM »
I'm done in Indiana, we're a one bird state. Sucks too because I'm not ready but my wife wants to try it this year and my son hasn't tagged his yet due to baseball season. So I'll get to go a little bit more just not pulling the trigger anymore. Our season here always ends at sunset on Mother's Day.

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 06:59:42 AM »
My season officially starts in the morning. Don't think that I'll be able to upgrade unless I kill a bird with some monster hooks, but I will certainly try!!! :z-guntootsmiley:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »
Good luck to WV RidgeReaper, CJ Stahly and WNY Bowhunter, I am very envious of you  ;).  My oldest son has hit the pre-teens and has lost interest in early wake up calls and sitting against a tree and trying to be patient.  My youngest would go with me in a minute but is only 3 and is WAY to noisy right now (plus 3 years old is pushing it).  I will ease him into hunting in the next couple of years and hope that my oldest will get bit by the bug again but if not it's OK.  I will have to look into WV for next spring as I am only about an hour and a half away from the VA/WV line and there is plenty of public land that runs thru there.  Been saying to myself I need to do it, just got to do some planning and find a spot to camp from.  For now I'll live vicariously thru everyone else. 

Online WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
Where do you stand?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 12:38:29 PM »
I got out yesterday morning for the first time..Took the wife so she could shoot,well I ended up calling in two strutters.She couldn't see em,but of course I could.I kept waiting for her to shoot before I tried one and ended up waiting to long.They walked off down over the hill.

So less learned never wait for someone else to shoot haha..I spotted them before we sat down and figured I could pull them right to us which would have worked out for her and me both..But we all know it never works like that and they came in almost behind us and to the left.

I'm off work tomorrow,leaving for KS Saturday..Not sure if I'll hunt here Saturday morning or not,I'm in need of a sleep in day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline turkeykiller22

• Grounded Brand
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 02:32:50 PM »
I just got back from Missouri where I killed on of my biggest birds yet. I will post pics and score soon!! Still have 2 weekends left in the TN season so hope I will kill another there.

Good luck to all of those in the woods!

-Drew

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 09:43:11 AM »
Drew,

I took a moment and watched some of your videos on Vimeo, that's some quality videography.  Great work for sure.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 02:51:43 PM »
I just got back from Missouri where I killed on of my biggest birds yet. I will post pics and score soon!! Still have 2 weekends left in the TN season so hope I will kill another there.

Good luck to all of those in the woods!

-Drew

Congrats on the stud bird.

Offline Turkeykiller12

Where do you stand?
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »
No birds for me this year. Wished I could've contributed. Birds in my area all but shutdown after the 3rd week. I'll try again next season.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Where do you stand?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 09:47:07 PM »

No birds for me this year. Wished I could've contributed. Birds in my area all but shutdown after the 3rd week. I'll try again next season.

Happens to the best of us! You got little man one and that is way more important. You will knock one down for the team next year.

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »

Happens to the best of us! You got little man one and that is way more important. You will knock one down for the team next year.

If I remember correctly SCGobbler had a rough patch last year but came out swingin' this year.  It happens to all of us.

Sent from the Strut Zone

Offline turkeykiller22

• Grounded Brand
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »
Drew,

I took a moment and watched some of your videos on Vimeo, that's some quality videography.  Great work for sure.

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated!