OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sorry guys....  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Scottyb

Sorry guys....
« on: April 29, 2015, 02:21:38 PM »
Fellas, this year is tough!! I may not be much help... Sorry in advance!!!

Have hunted four days, missed one bird I shouldn't have shot at, completely misjudged... Birds aren't responding, hens everywhere, gobblers still flocked up, hunters everywhere, too hot out, too cold, too windy, not enough wind, no clovers, bad batch of lucky charms, etc....

Anyone got any cheese?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:02:28 AM by Scottyb »
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
Sorry guys....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:03:39 PM »
Hey Scott, if there is anybody that hears you, it's me. I've been turkey hunting for a long time and i've killed a truck load of birds. When I came on to OldGobbler I wanted to be on a turkey team and knew I could participate on any team and help contribute to their success. Wrong ! I promptly got on the Gods of Thunder and laid an egg for about 3 years in a row.....I couldn't have bought a bird if they were .09 a pound at the local Piggly-Wiggly. I had hunts busted, bumped birds, missed birds and wounded a big NC tom 3 years ago. I was a mess and had gotten away from the way I knew how to hunt. Last year wasn't great but I was determined to do my part. I ended up shooting a jake after sitting in the pouring rain for 3 hours on my final hunt of the season. I scored him up because it was the right thing to do. I actually made it worse because we lost the contest last year by just a few points. We missed 2nd place by less than 2 pts. That killed me, if I would just shot a bird that had a beard 2" longer or had spurs of 3/4 or better, we would have won. I hear ya.
This year has been extremely different. I quit reading the internet and got back to hunting and i've had a killer year so far.
Point is, these guys stuck with me for 5 years without tossing my butt out. Do the same for you. Everybody hits a bad spot in their hunting life. May last 4 weeks, may last 4 years, either way it's hunting. It's about the gobbles, the friends, the experience and not the kill. Glad to see you stay brother....

Sent by this stupid phone

Offline chcltlabz

Re: Sorry guys....
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
Blind squirrel found a nut!  Post 'em up Scotty.  Looks like that's 10 birds for score for Gods of Thunder!
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
Blind squirrel found a nut!  Post 'em up Scotty.  Looks like that's 10 birds for score for Gods of Thunder!

10???  Must be how Steeler's fans count?  That's 11!  Anyone hear any word from Duke?   

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
Sorry guys....
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 07:23:11 PM »
I knew it would happen ! That makes 11. Way to go Scott !

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 09:04:33 PM »
Way to hang in there Scott!!

Offline BoWhoop

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »
Yeah, Scott, post up all those photos you took.  :TrainWreck1:
 :TooFunny:

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
Sorry guys....
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
No pics ??

Offline Scottyb

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 05:05:25 PM »
Didn't get measurements of the first bird, but made up for it with a good bird ! 
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...