OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best mass produced mouth calls

Started by NYbassman, March 26, 2011, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYbassman

Who here still uses the mass produced diaphragms like you would find at bass pro? I typically run hooks and XT calls, but I have some BPS gift cards to burn and was wondering what some of the better mouth calls are that I could purchase there.

Thanks guys.

redleg06

After using "hooks" and a couple other custom diaphrams I stopped using the mass produced stuff because I didnt see any sense paying more money for a product that IMO was a lower quality.

I know that didnt answer you question but I'd be spending that gift card on something else...

FLGobstopper

If I'm gonna buy a mass produced call it's gonna be a Primos Signature Series. I really like the sounds I can get from the Will Primos model. Out of all the mass produced it's the one call I've tried that I'd buy another. With that being said the Hooks or David Halloran new mouth calls are definitely a step above.

Jbird22

Quote from: redleg06 on March 26, 2011, 05:48:41 PM
After using "hooks" and a couple other custom diaphrams I stopped using the mass produced stuff because I didnt see any sense paying more money for a product that IMO was a lower quality.

I know that didnt answer you question but I'd be spending that gift card on something else...

I agree but if I just "had" to spend it on mouth calls at BPS and could use the standard size frames it would be Woodhaven without a doubt. Pick you up a Red Wasp, Classic V3, or the Red Zone 3 Pack and you'll be good to go!

archery1

:agreed:
woodhaven.. check out the scott ellis signature call.. it does make some great purrs, clucks  and yelps
Take a kid hunting

Doubletap

Hognutz

Quote from: archery1 on March 26, 2011, 06:06:40 PM
woodhaven.. check out the scott ellis signature call.. it does make some great purrs, clucks  and yelps

X2  A very good call.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Hognutz on March 26, 2011, 07:01:56 PM
Quote from: archery1 on March 26, 2011, 06:06:40 PM

X2  A very good call.. :you_rock:

x3

Scott Ellis signature call rocks. 

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

runngun

Did not know they still made mass produced mouth calls  ;D     Hillbilly Custom Calls  :z-guntootsmiley:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: Gamblinman on March 26, 2011, 07:44:20 PM
Woodhaven all the way

Gman

The Red Wasp and Classic V3 are my favorites.  The Redneck Hen by Tom Teasers rocks too...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Fox Fire

I'm a big Wood haven fan myself, mostly the red wasp and my fave the classic V3, but I tried the Scott Elis and its a bit on the raspy side for my taste, but it aint nessasarily bad it just what ya like.( my only complaint with Woodhaven is so pricey, you can buy2 of everyone elses calls for 1 of thers.)

I just bought a few calls from a gent on here a couple weeks ago, hes outta California but I cantrecall his user name, they sound purty good to me, been ponder'n ontry'n some others he makes.

All this be'n said I just left teh Hooks site, from all the guys on here talk'n up they must be pury good calls, probabaly gonna order some this week just to see for myself.

savduck

Georgia Boy

TauntoHawk

Knight and hale are the only box store calls I still carry but it's only as backup to the hooks
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>