turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Great Youth Hunt!!!

Started by WNY Bowhunter, April 25, 2015, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

Well, I took a friend of mine's 12 year old son out this morning on his grandfather's farm. For the past years I had taken his older brother out for the youth hunt in this same location and we went two for two. I was really hoping to keep the streak alive today. Yesterday afternoon I set my blind up at the bottom of a gully that is a preferred roosting location. At first light a gobbler sounded off above us and then a couple more off to the left. They hit the ground and went silent. I called a little bit and got a response not too far above us. It wasn't long till we had a longbeard working in, strutting the entire way. He eventually spotted the jake decoy and made a b-line to it. As he made it into range he went behind a log and all we could see was his fan until he finally stepped out at 15 yds and Caled dropped the hammer at 6:27.  What a fun hunt, and a great way to kick off the 2015 NY Season!!!

Add another kill for the new Halloran Metal Mouth...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

davisd9

Awesome! Keep on them!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Nice hunt. Feels good when a plan comes together.

trkehunr93