turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

killer keg

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 21, 2015, 06:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

just got a killer keg from pappy. its a great looking osage tube. not only looks great but sounds as good. I have used tubes for several years with great results. never used one any finer than this one. I do have a question. I have always gotten pretty , clear yelps from all of the tubes I have ever ran , but I cant seem to find that has a  raspy backend. when I loosen the latex slightly , the yelp just falls kind of dead. what is the secret of getting a medium rasp out of a tube call?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Jbird22

I think rasp on a tube call is going to be minimal. I'm not a pro on one by no means but based on my experience if you back off on back tension (not side stretch) until you have the slightest ripple in the latex you'll get a little rasp.

Spitten and drummen

Thanks. You are probably right. Don't know why I'm looking for rasp , it's pretty dang effective with the clear clean yelp
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

mspaci

I have 4 of these, the red latex seems more raspy to me. Mike

Spitten and drummen

thanks. I will get some and try it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

pappy

one thing when we were at Nashville this year we were sitting around in one of the motels and a young fella was playing one of my kegs, and he took a tiny pair of scissors and cut a teeny tiny notch "v" on each side of the latex, he said it made them more raspier....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

drenalinld

Relaxed lip will yield rasp with tube and trumpet. Cutting latex like a mouth call is effective. Also two reeds of latex stacked can help but can be tricky to tune. Most important for me is relaxed jaw and lip.