Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hows your season going?

Started by timberjack86, April 20, 2015, 06:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack86

Hows your season going? Post up the good the bad and the ugly stories as they happen this season.

timberjack86

I am hunting a new property in the morning for the first time. I will post how it goes.

reflexl

I have had a dead bird run off, a nearly dead bird run off and 4 gobblers and 3 jakes shoot through the gap where I had been setting up Saturday only they were 250 yards away and I had a bumble bee nest right between my feet................. Still have a a chance at my world record by muzzleloader bird though.

reflexl

I went scouting yesterday after work and this morning before work. It appears some of the toms  are splitting up.  :turkey2:

timberjack86

I hunted my new place for the first time. Found a bird all alone in a midmorning strut zone. Back and forth he went Gobbling like he just learned how. Too bad a hen above me liked his gobbling too. Its going to get even better in a few weeks when the hens start sitting on there eggs.

TNTRKYHunter

Quote from: timberjack86 on April 23, 2015, 06:35:56 PM
I hunted my new place for the first time. Found a bird all alone in a midmorning strut zone. Back and forth he went Gobbling like he just learned how. Too bad a hen above me liked his gobbling too. Its going to get even better in a few weeks when the hens start sitting on there eggs.
I agree timberjack86. Those henned up gobblers are going to be getting really lonely in the next couple of weeks. Then, hopefully they will start acting right.

reflexl

I thought they were breaking up till this morning. They moved about 1/2 mile and flew down with 7 or 8 new hens. I thought last year was tough..............

Trevor2

Tough almost silent season but past two mornings I've had a bird gobbling as I leave the house headed to work and I just happen to have tommorrow off. Tommorrow he dies! Hopefully
Strutstopper

reflexl

timberjack86

Found another aggravating tom to Hunt. Going to try him in the morning.

TNTRKYHunter

Good luck. They seem to be aggravating in everyone one of my spots, lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNTRKYHunter

Tagged out in TN with a trophy!! ( and an upgrade). Will post pics and score soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk