OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: All over the place but good. 10GA NEF/32in/Kicks.695/Tru-Glot-Triton  (Read 2155 times)

Offline TRex18

10GA NEF/32in/Kicks.695/Tru-Glot-Triton

Hello Guys,

Few issues this weekend. Sighted in my NEF this weekend. Put a dozen Turkey Rounds through it. I feel it but its ALL GOOD. My question. You see what I'm shooting up there, but my red Feds FCW 4s, is what I sighted the gun in with at 20yds. Took 3 shots adjusted few things and I was dead on. Now ....the dilemma......

I then ran @40yds.

Fed Lead 4s FCW - Real nice hunting pattern not super dense lots of hits in the head and around it also.
Fed Lead 5s FCW - Real Nice Pattern mix of dense and lots of hits.
Fed Lead 6s FCW - Tons of hits in the head- and surrounding it.

I was pleased with all three of those. Really was.

Then Fed HW's 6s. - Much better than reg fed lead 6s. It was a killer.
Then Fed HW's 7s. - and I was really hoping these were gonna be a destroyer....but after the shot I missed the Birds head target. I thought well I flinced maybe. So I shot another round at a big piece of paper 3x3 and I was 6 -7 inches high and 3-4 inches right.....the shell just would not shoot well. Do I have to sight in my gun for that shell? or are 7s not coming out of .695 well? 

What gives?

Offline TRex18

Re: All over the place but good. 10GA NEF/32in/Kicks.695/Tru-Glot-Triton
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »
So I had a friend shoot anther FED HW7, and he was just as bad.

Offline TRex18

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 11:19:05 AM »
I'll post Pics later. so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I am no way a pro, just a novice trying to learn the ropes. Any info would be great.

Offline TRex18

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:18:40 AM »
Here are the lead patterns out of my gun. The HW 6s and 7s wont pattern very well. But talked last night with a guy from OG  and think we have it figured out.

The Order: All 2oz 3.5 Kick GT .695
FED FCW 4s
FED FCW 5s
FED FCW 6s