OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835, Hevi-13 3-2-7, SSX .670

Started by chatterbox, April 18, 2015, 05:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Hey guys!
I finally got a chance to pattern the ol' 835. She was shooting a little to the right, so I got the chance to dial her in today.
Shooting a bit high, but if I stick the dot on the waddles, should get a head full of angry #7's!

I love the evenness of the pattern. I don't get huge numbers due to my 20" barrel, but I believe this pattern will kill any tom walking if I do my part!

allaboutshooting

You have what every turkey hunter should be looking for, a great even pattern that will not allow a turkey to escape. It also appears that you have an excellent "halo" pattern out and around that 10" core pattern. If he moves or if you move, you've still got him. Congratulations.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Chew

Looks like a dead bird in the future!   :z-guntootsmiley:

kdsberman

Sorry Mr Tom, you're screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longshanks

Quote from: allaboutshooting on April 18, 2015, 06:11:16 PM
You have what every turkey hunter should be looking for, a great even pattern that will not allow a turkey to escape. It also appears that you have an excellent "halo" pattern out and around that 10" core pattern. If he moves or if you move, you've still got him. Congratulations.

Thanks,
Clark

I agree..I have one set up that will shoot 280's in a 10 @ 40 with the 3" 7's and another that will shoot 230's in a 12 @ 40. The second set up is much better for hunting.

10gaugemag

:OGturkeyhead:
I doubt Ol' Tom will like the results very much!!

beagler

Never Misses

chatterbox

Thanks gentlemen! I am pretty excited. Turkey season is almost here! May 3rd for us.

surehuntsalot

now that's the kind of patterns I like to see, a good all round "hunting" pattern
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.