OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Need info on patterning the Winchester sxp 12ga.  (Read 3921 times)

Offline allenbuckles

Need info on patterning the Winchester sxp 12ga.
« on: April 17, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »
I have a Winchester sxp 12ga. and a jebs 660 choke. Will be shooting winchester longbeard xr 6 shot 3 1/2 mag. Needing to know if anyone using this same set up and could post pictures of your pattern. The target was shot with this gun using winchester double x 6 shot and 665 carlson choke at 30 yards. Anything out past 30 and the pattern falls apart. This all i can get out of it any help would be appreciated.Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:36:53 PM by allenbuckles »
allenbuckles

Offline catclr

Re: Need info on patterning the Winchester sxp 12ga.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »
I have a Winchester sxp 12ga. and a jebs 660 choke. Will be shooting winchester longbeard xr 6 shot 3 1/2 mag. Needing to know if anyone using this same set up and could post pictures of your pattern. The target was shot with this gun using winchester double x 6 shot and 665 carlson choke at 30 yards. Anything out past 30 and the pattern falls apart. This all i can get out of it any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Will with 59? hits in the neck/head area, he's dead. And this with a load your not going to use.

You need to show the target with the gun, choke, and LB xr shot.  You might want to shot 3" LB xr's. 

Have said it before, just cause your gun can shoot 3 1/2" shells, doesn't mean it likes them.