OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sp10 question  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Srogers13098

Sp10 question
« on: April 15, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »
Went to pattern my sp10 today. Had a couple issues so I decided to take it apart when I got home, had what I believe to be the slide extension buffer fall out in pieces. Has anyone else had any problems? I'm certainly no gunsmith, I appreciate any replies.  Thanks.  I tried to attach a photo but it says the file is too large

Offline SP-10 Fan

Re: Sp10 question
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:57:45 PM »
There is an orange recoil buffer at the very end of the Slide Extension Assembly.  You can go to just about any site that carries turkey-related hunting items and you can find one to replace it.  I had to learn the hard way.  For about 4 shots in a row the bolt would cycle back but would not close on return...I had to treat the charging handle like a forward assist on an AR.  The problem was I had my SP-10 coated by Ice-T(Teflon), and due to the high temps he melted my Slide Extension Assembly buffer.  Without the buffer the two forward rods that drive the bolt back push into the action too far...and stick.  I pulled it apart and discovered that the buffer was gone.  I took it up with Ice-T and for some reason he bought a brand new Slide Extension Assembly and sent it to me.  Works like a charm. 

Offline Srogers13098

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 06:10:53 AM »
Thanks for the answer, that's exactly what was happening to me. Found one at midway, our season opens this Saturday. Looks like I'll be paying for overnight shipping. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Offline SP-10 Fan

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »
Glad I could help!  Good luck on your hunt!