News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Food Plot Screens?

Started by jtoliver43, April 15, 2015, 02:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoliver43

hey everyone,

I am curios if any of you use food plot screens to hide your plots? I have a new property that I am hoping to establish and plant food plots. primarily for turkey, however the area I want to plant is adjacent to and clearly visible from the road. They're are birds in this field all the time, and I've already caught a teenager pulled over on the road and using his mouth call to harass and strike gobbles from the birds in the field. I have read a little bit about Egyptian wheat, mostly used for deer plots. Can any of you suggest something I can plant along the road that will be tall and full enough in the spring to block the area that I hope to establish as a food plot?
Conserve. Hunt. Share.

bszweda

I just planted hybrid poplar for my road screen. I think some sort of fast growing evergreen would be needed to provide a year around screen / early spring.  (White spruce, Norway, loblolly pine) Another option I looked at was Miscanthus giganteus.

Bigfoot

hybrid willow is fast growing.  also simple field corn will get you 8 ft in 3 months

nativeks

Where are you at in the US? American Plum once established with shield you. Will take a few years but it is a permanent solution.

turkeykiller22

Depending where you are you can plant Leyland cypress. We planted 177 of them about 9 years ago and they are close to 25 foot tall now. No way in the world you can see through them.

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/