OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

True Leadership in America ( Is it a thing of the past? )

Started by pappy, April 12, 2015, 10:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Psalm 7:8 The LORD judges the peoples; judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness and according to the integrity that is in me.
If I were to ask you ... to define true leadership what would your reply be? What one word would you use to bring your description of a true leader to the surface? Me? I would use integrity.... no doubt in my mind that someone who is to lead should be able to do so with integrity. Proverbs 10:9 Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.

Now, why would I bring up this discussion? What am I referring to? Leadership in the home, in the work place, in the government.....actually I am referring to anywhere leadership is expected, so I am not pushing any type of my personal idealism but just as a matter of fact, I believe true leadership begins in the heart.
So much hype is out there today when it comes to WHO can lead America. Media wants to guide you and I in our thinking by pushing their definition of what a true leader should be, they believe it is the person who can muster the most votes "through polling systems that THEY report as non-biased" instead of allowing us to make our decisions based on what is in the heart of someone who is seeking to lead.
Titus 2:7-8 Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.
2016....Presidential Election....there are questions that need to be asked, especially concerning one's INTEGRITY instead of who can throw the most mud, before anyone goes to the voting polls. The one issue I have is simply this. Seek out the wisdom of God's word, through prayer and be thankful that we live in a country where our voices can be heard, where our thoughts and actions are ours, and where our good works and honesty can result in placing someone in the roll of true leadership.

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206