OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2015 Weatherby SA-459 Review/Patterns

Started by gophert, April 12, 2015, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

wvnut3

Just went to my FFL today and picked it up. All i have done is cleaned it up and deep cleaned the barrel.It is a beautiful gun and  will post some pics after i get my piccatiny rail cut down, and FF3 mounted. I have to say it mounts to the shoulder so easy and is a dream to hold there one handed. The trigger breaks at 5.5 lbs with very little creep , however it will go to Rob Roberts after Fall Turkey Season.If it shoots as good as it looks i may never pick up my 12ga again :toothy9: Lee

wvnut3

Also forgot to mention it was my first purchase from Buds gun shop online. Cant beat the price and next day delivery to WV., I paid $574.00 shipped to my FFL. Lee

outdoors

Quote from: wvnut3 on September 09, 2016, 10:14:47 PM
Also forgot to mention it was my first purchase from Buds gun shop online. Cant beat the price and next day delivery to WV., I paid $574.00 shipped to my FFL. Lee
Buds gun shop online
            X2
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

wvnut3

g8rvet

Sweet pointing gun. So light on recoil and carry.  A blast to shoot. Mine is 3 for 3. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

FL-Boss

I have tons of guns.. I think that one is still my favorite.  Love taking it out in the spring.

wvnut3

I am looking forward to fall Turkey in October. It is a dream to carry and can't wait to put it to work.Lee

gophert

Do you ever find yourself just pulling your SA459 out of the case and racking it a few times and then putting it up.  I do!  :you_rock:

wvnut3

what do you mean pulling it out of the case, heck mine has not even made it to the safe yet! Lee :drool:

FLGobstopper

I just picked up one of the older versions used for a steal. I'm thinking about mounting a FFIII on it but concerned about how it will line up with the front sight.

Anyone mounted a red dot on one, what's your experience?

Thx

gophert

Quote from: FLGobstopper on December 05, 2016, 05:46:01 PM
I just picked up one of the older versions used for a steal. I'm thinking about mounting a FFIII on it but concerned about how it will line up with the front sight.

Thx

I believe the front site can be removed on the 2014 model.  I have seen one that's been removed but not sure of the particulars on what they did. 

houser52

Enjoyed reading about the SA-459 in this thread because I've  been thinking about buying a SA459 for awhile now but haven't seen any in stock.

There's been a lot of posts that has "ordered mine today", "just ordered" , " got one on the way", "got mine today" , etc but the only place I've seen mentioned for sale anywhere in this this thread has been Buds.

Nothing wrong with Buds I guess but I thought they'd be more places that have them. Where is the least expensive place with good customer service to order from?

wvnut3

I usually order from my local gun shop , i like to keep my business local. When i ordered mine it was from Buds and this was the first time using them. I notice their price is higher now. I paid $574.00 delivered. Buds has free shipping, and no sales tax to my state. Then if you  know someone that has FFL, and wont charge you a fee it makes it that much better.Lee

cutt down

Quote from: gophert on December 12, 2016, 12:19:42 PM
Quote from: FLGobstopper on December 05, 2016, 05:46:01 PM

Thx

I believe thev front site can be removed on the 2014 model.  I have seen one that's been removed but not sure of the particulars on what they did.

Yes you can remove the front site. Allen screw & it comes right off.