OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally a mature bird!

Started by blgoode, April 11, 2015, 09:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blgoode

I played today perfect. Heard multiple gobblers about 125 yards down in woods. Hunting woods not the fields as last 2 years they good toms have stayed in hiding more than the open.

I was getting response but nothing coming to me so I cut the distance to about 75 yards. Set up and quietly plucked then mildly called some. Then got real quiet.

I stayed low in my calls and they came a looking! Finally they came into view and the big boy was huffed up and the others were gobling it seemed. I waited them out and they came to where I predicted at 30-35 yards and boom!

My best game plan to date and my biggest bird to date. First mature bird.

23lbs.  8" beard.  Measure straight out the Spurs are both 1.125". Don't have a bendable tape measure to get the curve.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

55dougie

great bird and nice write up of the hunt....
Doug. ~ a.k.a. 55dougie

Please check out my web site at: http://drkorn55.wix.com/dougkornsworkshop

gobblerman87

Nice bird bro awesome job the adrenaline Rush is so awesome it's hard to explain unless you been there lol

Tennessee Lead

Very nice congrats!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

tomstopper

Snoodsniper

Nice hooks! That's a good one.

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.