OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

H&R 28

Started by 79L, April 11, 2015, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

79L

I received an H&R 28 yesterday Purchased this for my son who will be seven next week to try to turkey hunt with I'm going to have to cut the stock down and put a limb saver recoil pad on it Anybody have any experience with H&R It's a 26 inch modified barrel Shot some number nine AA's through yesterday at some hand Thrown clays I have a box of heavy shot classic doubles Two and three-quarter 5/8 ounce of a shoot Number seven Hoping to try those tomorrow or the next day After I cutdown The stock And get the  recoil pad Fitted.      :fud:

79L

I was able to get stock cut down And recoil pad mounted  :fud:And I put a Mercury recoil reducer inside the stock Took it out of my skeet gun My son was able to shoot it with some lightweight load off of the shooting sticks I tried to load today Heavyshot Classic doubles 5/8 of an ounce number sevens In a 10 Circle at 20 yards I got 56 and 60 At 25 yards I only got 30 In the 10         
I also shot some AA super sports Three quarters of an ounce of 7 1/2's At 20 yards I got 77 And 105 At 25 yards 56 and 42 I was hoping it would do a little better Anybody have any suggestions on different Shells to try
:fud:

reflexl

The winchester  1oz #6 works great.Can't remember the exact count but it  was plenty for 35 yard shots.

Irishwhiskey

The Classic DBL 28's aren't worth the money!  My is MOD and I use AA 7 1/2 and out to  35 yards it will do the job. 

The Classic DBL's seem to swell and I have to have a push rod to get them out of the chamber very often.

I shoot slugs mostly in mine -  they will take down a deer or a small bear!