Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Remington versa max sportsman, 22 inch barrel, stock choke, 40 yds

Started by jason5.9, January 28, 2015, 06:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason5.9

Once I figure out how to compress pictures I will post them up here but till then here are the results so far with my new versa max:

Winchester long beard xr - 264 in 10 inches
Remington nitro turkey - 184 in 10 inches
Federal premium turkey - 73 in 10 inches
Kent's ultimate diamond - 131 in 10 inches

All shells are 3.5, 2 oz, #6

I have a sumtoy .660 and some hevishot on the way to try next.

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

jason5.9

I think this link will work to view the 264 put up by winchester

owlhoot

Heck of a gun! 

Remington nitro = 184 in the 10" at 40 yards
Kent Diamond = 131 in the 10"

At 39 degrees
Who would have thunk it.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

dms2511

I just bought one of these guns, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. 264 with the stock choke and Longbeards is very impressive, congratulations!  I would certainly be happy with those results.  I'm anxious to see what you get with the Sumtoy, keep us posted!

Gooserbat

Quote from: drum817 on January 29, 2015, 10:51:09 AM
Those numbers with the REM Nitros are really good!!!

Unbelievably good for the load.  Remingtons of any sort have been the wort load for my 870!!!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jason5.9

Thanks guys, now you have me second guessing my own patterns, as in, I could have gotten the kent target and the remington target switched...  I will shoot them again once I get my Sumtoy .660 to reconfirm my numbers, either way based on my patterns from wednesday it goes without saying that I will be hunting with the Winchester LB's until something else surpasses 264...

fountain2

This will be hard to beat, even with the new choke coming.  I sure hope it does though

If you want to be the 264..jump on into the hevi 7s

slave601

I hope my 28" barrel versa patterns that well! Excellent pattern
"thinnin the flock"

Izzyjoe

Man that some good shooting! I with everybody else those are good numbers for the nitro turkeys, that's the first shell I think everyone tries, cause there cheap shells, and there usually horrible for patterns, I would hunt with those any day of the week!

BINK McCARTY

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott