OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How does this look?

Started by KYHeadhunter02, April 09, 2015, 10:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Old Mossberg 500 Indian creek choke, and 3in Hevi mag blend at 35 yards. Had to sight in my scope still looks a bit high?

10gaugemag

Looks good to me. I would leave it a touch high, aim at the wattles and pound that head. Don't want any shot in that breast.

petemoss83

I'll second that.....just remember to take a shot up close (10-15yds) to check your poa/poi at that range.

perrytrails

captin_hook

Looks good to me, I'd leave it

chatterbox

Ralph-NY

Twowithone

Yeah leave it be looks great. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Rem Man

It looks to be perfect! I also think if you move that circle up a tad you will pick up some numbers.

catclr

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on April 09, 2015, 10:47:13 PM
Old Mossberg 500 Indian creek choke, and 3in Hevi mag blend at 35 yards. Had to sight in my scope still looks a bit high?

First don't know how big the Orange Dot is, but it has only SIX hits, seems like a big hole in center of that pattern.
Their also seems to be some holes to the left & right, and don't think you'll get away from them by moving up. Maybe lay a turkey head/neck part of a target over your pattern you shot and draw around it and count the hits in that area.  Or try some other 3" loads.

outdoorsmen

If that circle was a tad up and left you would pixk up #s and have less gaps.  Shoot more targets and average out your rindings. Every shell is different so dont expect all 5 out of the box to copy eaxh other.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase