OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bull gnats

Started by Buzzkiller, April 09, 2015, 11:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbpc

Vanilla extract has worked for some that I know, but it does not work much at all for me. Not sure why but it don't. I've used bug soother and it works better than anything I've ever used on gnats. It doesn't help with Mosquitos but it helps with gnats a bunch.

jblackburn

Thermacell AND Deep Woods Off! I like a barrier!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Number17

Homebrew Permethrine spray.
I like to kill them rather than just repel them. They aren't so annoying when they are dead.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Bamalimbhanger

thats the stuff no natz

bmhern

Not sure about "bull gnats", but in NW FLA we have what we call " sand gnats or " no see ums", they are vicious  and very small. Sometimes thermacell will work, sometimes not. As a last resort I go to 100% deet!!!

nettereo16

Repel Lemon Eucalyptus spray works wonders to keep gnats away when you're in the field.
Much better than standard bug spray and smells pretty good too.

LI Outdoorsman

Just came back from a Alabama hunt....BIG mosquitoes were brutal...Had on my Therma-cell...Ben's 100% DEET and a face net...still got the blood sucked out of me...I'm covered in bites...Strange thing was if you sat down and setup for a while they left you alone..soon as you started walking they tracked you down in swarms..not fun.

Rex

"'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.'"         Romans 14:11

Dropnflop71

Probably sounds crazy but.... Bounce dryer sheets will keep them at bay .
I've used them for years , I run my face and neck area then tuck it in my collar.
Haven't had luck with any brand but the original bounce

Spurs

Been using this with a thermacell for years now...0 ticks, 0 mosquitos, 0 chiggers, and 0 gnats. 
Quote from: Number17 on April 13, 2015, 10:42:46 AM
Homebrew Permethrine spray.
I like to kill them rather than just repel them. They aren't so annoying when they are dead.
This year is going to suck!!!

IowaGobblers

Absorbine Jr. is a savior