OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Daughter Strikes!!!

Started by trb136, April 08, 2015, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trb136

Well this was quite an eventful week, Yesterday Sara and I watched 2 Gobblers for 3 hours at 70 yards with 2 hens and they wouldnt budge, So this morning Grace and I went back, 5 Birds Gobbling!! we moved on them and they circled us we played cat and mouse all Morning...we heard 2 more as we were leaving across the road on neighbors land we watched them for an hour but they were not gonna cross the road so we sat and listened and enjoyed the show...We packed up but I had several more places up my sleeve. we stopped and got a good ol southern breakfast of biscuits and gravy and we were off again.. We traveled to the other side of the County were I had been seeing 4 Magnum gobblers It was around noon and HOT!!  we decided to set up the blind in the back of the field, Hunker down and wait for action..Well about an hour in we struck a gobble.. I have challenged myself this year to kill all mine and the kids Gobblers with a scratchbox...So I played some and we heard a distant Gobble, after about 2 .5 hour of this all of a sudden we had 2 thunderous Gobbles at the edge of the field.. I looked with bnoculars and there are 4 strutters.... I called some more soft clucks and 2 broke away immediately, GAME ON!!  they eased right in to the decoys, and Grace let one hold it!!!!Time of Death 2:45 eastern standard time!  What a great day... My oldest daughter is on Deck in the morning and I have had one heck of a week spending time with my girls...Doesnt get any better for me...BTW the scratcher was Butternut and Wenge...Thanks Tim

nyhunter

Congratulations ...... Great hunt and beautiful bird

tomstopper

Quote from: nyhunter on April 08, 2015, 06:05:19 PM
Congratulations ...... Great hunt and beautiful bird
:agreed: Congrats.....

Snoodsniper