OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kevin6Q scratch boxes

Started by cjordan, April 08, 2015, 04:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjordan

Alright guys, so the other day I was asking about scratch boxes on here. Till then I didn't know anything about them, expect for what I have read. So I wound up buying a couple off of the classifieds.  During this time, one of the members on this site "Kevin6Q" sent me a message telling me he had just got into building scratch boxes, and wondered if I'd be interested in one of his. Well I wound up with four of his calls. Guys, I know this site is full of talented call makers and everyone of them deserve mentioning, but for this guy just getting into it, he has started off doing a really good job. All four scratch boxes sounded really good. They all looked like they was built with pride, instead of just thrown together. I know from what I have seen on scratch boxes they look really simple to build, but I'm sure they are a little harder than they look. Then once they are built you have to tune them.
I hope none of you call makers take offense to this post. I'm just trying to give this guy a compliment on the calls he sent me. Also to say that if I was going to buy another one right now, he would be on the list of calls I would have a hard time choosing from.
I know that two or three weeks ago I was asking about these calls and now I'm recommending a maker, so I'm sure some of you might not pay this post much attention.
Also I would like to give Mr. Mike at spring creek a thumbs up on his calls as well. I have wound up with two scratch boxes, and a short box and all three talk turkey.

jlewis4390

I just made a trade with him and have a good looker coming I will post pics when it  comes and will comment on the sound .....I seen the ones that Kevin made for cjordan and Def some nice craftsmanship

mgm1955

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Kevin6Q

Here are the requested photos of a few scratch boxes. These are in process  and need another coat of fish, sanding and topdress with wax and polishing before they are done. There are more to finish stippling and I'll post pics when those are complete.

I have a bunch of tongue calls and will post pics in the general call making section

mgm1955

jlewis4390

Finally got my first ever scratch box call....got 2 from Kevin one for me and one for my twin brother for our bday. ..these things are sweet and sound straight turkey .....by way Kevin made both of these out of same piece of wood so they would be like "twins" like me and my brother ????can't wait to Crack mine out here in Ohio on opening morning the 20th. .