only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeard XR through the Benelli's

Started by ridgerunner, April 08, 2015, 05:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ridgerunner

yeah the only problem I see with these Longbeards after doing some more shooting this weekend.. is shooting at 20 yards...I shot some at 20 yds, and it's like shooting a slug gun...i had a hole about the size of a 12 ga deer slug in target...not much margin for error...I may switch back to Hevi-13 just for that reason, most birds I kill are 20-30 yards..not 40

ridgerunner

I'd suggest shooting the Longbeards XR's at 20 yd and make sure they pattern for you before season...mine shoot way too tight at 20!

Borden811

I keep hearing how tight they are at 20 and under. Makes me wonder if some people ever shot their previous loads at 20 and under, or just do it with the LBs since they're tighter at farther distances. I've shot the LBs through 5 different guns, at various yardages. They aren't any tighter from 20 yards and in than any other lead or HTL shell I've shot. But from 20 on out, they hold a tighter pattern than any other lead shell, and are about the same as HTL loads I've shot. Under 20 yards with a turkey choke, you better be dead on that birds head no matter what shell you're shooting, not just the longbeards.

ridgerunner

Quote from: Borden811 on April 15, 2015, 06:26:11 PM
I keep hearing how tight they are at 20 and under. Makes me wonder if some people ever shot their previous loads at 20 and under, or just do it with the LBs since they're tighter at farther distances. I've shot the LBs through 5 different guns, at various yardages. They aren't any tighter from 20 yards and in than any other lead or HTL shell I've shot. But from 20 on out, they hold a tighter pattern than any other lead shell, and are about the same as HTL loads I've shot. Under 20 yards with a turkey choke, you better be dead on that birds head no matter what shell you're shooting, not just the longbeards.

Nope..that's not the case here..., shoot my shotgun every year at 20,30 and 40 yds...Longbeards shoot much tighter than my HTL...no comparison..not even close, much tighter...which is why I will be shooting HTL for my first shell, and LB second shell in mag...for the follow up if needed.

Borden811

Well, you know what they say, every gun, choke, and load combo will shoot differently.

ridgerunner

Quote from: Borden811 on April 15, 2015, 08:31:15 PM
Well, you know what they say, every gun, choke, and load combo will shoot differently.

Who is they?

popapi1

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for in the Super Vinci being mine will be here on next week. It's looking like I'll have to try the IC in mine with the LB XRs!

sixbird

I have to say, my Benelli shoots 3", #5, L/b substantially tighter than 3" 2oz. Mag. Blend. At 20 yds., like Ridgerunner says, L/B shot about the size of a tennis ball. The Mag. Blends about the size of a very large grapefruit...Better hold steady with L/B's!

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: popapi1 on April 16, 2015, 09:21:12 PM
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for in the Super Vinci being mine will be here on next week. It's looking like I'll have to try the IC in mine with the LB XRs!

You'll want a 665...I know of two m2 with the IC 665 shooting the 3 inch LB 6s both 21 inch barrels and both do over 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popapi1

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 16, 2015, 09:55:40 PM

Quote from: popapi1 on April 16, 2015, 09:21:12 PM

You'll want a 665...I know of two m2 with the IC 665 shooting the 3 inch LB 6s both 21 inch barrels and both do over 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YesSir will get it!

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: catclr on April 09, 2015, 07:33:57 PM
Quote from: Tennessee Lead on April 08, 2015, 11:56:51 PM

Quote from: ridgerunner on April 08, 2015, 09:13:40 PM
I'm a skeptic so I wasn't buying on all the hype with these Longbeards......Until i shot them!....Now I can say they pattern better than anything else I've fired up to this point...I don't see how you can ask for any better..Great Ammo.
X2! I even went as far as dropping to a 3" over a 3&1/2" because the 3" out shot my other shells.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

I have stated on some other pattern post, "Just because your gun can shoot 3 1/2" shells, doesn't mean it likes them".
Very true. I haven't tried a 3&1/2" Longbeard in mine but I do know for a fact my shoulder don't like em :)

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

popapi1

Ridgerunner is this group shot with Vinci factory setup i.e.: factory sights, no barrel work, and shim that was in place from Benelli etc?