News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 Hevi .676 choke, 3.5" magblend

Started by Chew, April 04, 2015, 05:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chew

I think I'm ready  :)
I should probably buy another box or three from this lot to stock up.

Dirty barrel, but it was a nice day otherwise.

232 in a 10" circle. (The marks above the circle are not hits, just where my marker drug around my circle template)

owlhoot

very nice , looks good around the 10 too with some good coverage. It should rock em   :icon_thumright:

catclr

Good pattern to the left side of POA,  got holes to the right side.  You might want to lay a turkey neck-head target
over your pattern based on POA, you might see thing different. Also might want to try some 3" loads. 

Remember just cause your gun can shoot 3.5" loads, doesn't mean it likes them!

Dr Juice

Quote from: catclr on April 05, 2015, 03:42:04 PM
Good pattern to the left side of POA,  got holes to the right side.  You might want to lay a turkey neck-head target
over your pattern based on POA, you might see thing different. Also might want to try some 3" loads. 

I concur. Good luck.

Chew

I tried 3" a box of 5 #7 Hevi 13's a couple weeks ago.  It was a little cooler that day. But this gun didn't like them. I was really disappointed.  It threw 115 in the 10.

catclr

Quote from: Chew on April 05, 2015, 05:13:34 PM

I tried 3" a box of 5 #7 Hevi 13's a couple weeks ago.  It was a little cooler that day. But this gun didn't like them. I was really disappointed.  It threw 115 in the 10.

It might be your gun doesn't like Hevi 13 shells. You need to try other brands.

Chew

Quote from: owlhoot on April 05, 2015, 01:35:36 PM
very nice , looks good around the 10 too with some good coverage. It should rock em   :icon_thumright:

I'm ready to get out there in a couple weeks here in Missouri.

Eview326

Chew

Quote from: catclr on April 05, 2015, 09:27:25 PM
Quote from: Chew on April 05, 2015, 05:13:34 PM

It might be your gun doesn't like Hevi 13 shells. You need to try other brands.

I guess I'm not following. Do you think 232 in a 10" circle at 40 yards isn't enough to ethically harvest a bird?

nothingbutlongbeards