Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

saturday

Started by nctrkyhntr, April 02, 2015, 07:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nctrkyhntr

well y'all my season starts saturday. I took my boy out last weekend but didn't hear anything. We did see about 20 but in someones back yard. I was going to camp out tomorrow night but my wife decided to pick up an extra shift so i will be going out to reconfirm my spot and then head out early saturday morning, to be the opening day rush

theghost_03

Good luck man!  I've still got a week and half before I get out.  Let's start shooting em in the face boys!!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

ElkTurkMan

Good Luck Jonathan! :anim_25:  We are two weeks in here in GA and it's been slow for me not a lot of gobbling.  Things should get better the next couple of weeks

nctrkyhntr

hey everyone sorry i have been absent lately. Things are crazy here between getting promoted at work, school, 5month son, training my 5 month puppy and now house hunting. Things have been nuts say the least.

About a week ago i killed the bird I hunting on opening day here. After hearing that single gun shot on opening day, i just assumed he had been killed. I went and did a evening hunt 1 time with not hearing a thing or seeing any sign, so i just assumed since he was the only bird i heard all season that the coyotes have killed a lot of them off. Boy was i wrong.

I went on the last sunday in April and once i hit the gate i heard a bird sound off. I quickly made my way another 400 yards with hearing a few times. I decided to hoot like an owl to get him pin pointed down. Then when he gobbles I quickly realized he was the same bird from that first day. After making my way to 38yards from his tree and watching him strut and gobble in the tree for 20 minutes and listening to his little buddy to try and gobble. I saw a hen fly down behind me. This time i was between him and his hen. 5 minutes later he flew down and 2 minutes later he came walking by towards his hens at 60 yards. With the jeb chokes and hevi shot mag blend i let the ol gun bark. He was hit hard at making his way bad to the woods once he was at 40-45 yards i hit him again, but this time he dropped like a sack of potatoes. He didn't move one time. I have to say jebs chokes and magblend is a deadly combo.

if i send someone pics can y'all post them for me please

nativeks

Upload them to hunt101.com then just copy and paste the image links over here. Its super easy. If that don't work for you let me know. Need to get that bad boy in our score thread. Congrats on the bird. Are we the only 2 around here?